Some AI aircraft running silent

apd1004

Hello

Not much activity here recently, hopefully somebody is monitoring. Not sure if the issue below is a SoundMaxx issue or an XP11 issue or something else.

Just downloaded and installed Soundmaxx on XP11. I have the most recent installations of everything because I just installed XP11 in the last week.

Everything in SoundMaxx seems to be working good except for one thing. AI aircraft starting at the same airport as my player aircraft are completely silent. No engine sounds at all. Not sure if this is a SoundMaxx issue or XP11 issue. I am also using World Traffic 3 but I don't think that is causing the issue because I ran SoundMaxx before installing World Traffic 3 and the problem existed then too.

If I go to the World Traffic 3 radar screen and click on an AI aircraft on the radar screen and then track it with the camera, it has full sound. It is just the ones starting at the same airport that my own player aircraft is starting at. I have not yet tried flying to a different airport to see if AI aircraft on the ground there have engine sounds. I have also not done much other testing to duplicate at other airports.

Attached is my log.txt file.

Log.txt

When it comes to aircraft sounds, all we do is replace some of X-Plane's wav files with our own. We don't get involved in when or how they are played, and we certainly don't pay attention to where an aircraft started from. So, my guess is that this is an X-Plane issue. If you temporarily un-install SoundMaxx and World Traffic 3, does the problem persist? If so, I'd file a bug report with Laminar.