TBM900 and Terramax conflict

salsero_at

I did have some problems installing SkyMaxx Pro 4.7. Upon starting Xplane after the install I got the Gizmo registration dialog and and a Terramaxx dialog in the lower left of the screen saying something about reinstalling "default textures". 

I solved the problem by temporarily disabling TerraMaxx, registering SkyMaxx and then enabling TerraMaxx again.

I did have some problems installing SkyMaxx Pro 4.7. Upon starting Xplane after the install I got the Gizmo registration dialog and and a Terramaxx dialog in the lower left of the screen saying something about reinstalling "default textures". 
I solved the problem by temporarily disabling TerraMaxx, registering SkyMaxx and then enabling TerraMaxx again.

That's normal behavior, not a bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is this issue sorted out finally? I still got this conflict with Hotstart's TBM versioin 1.1.4b and reported that to hotstart, who clearly stated that it must be Gizmo related. Hope to see some solution soon. Here in Europe the winter is half over and I haven't been able to enjoy autumn or/and winter textures of Terramaxx yet this year... 

@Jakob Ludwig I'm afraid we're still trying to figure that one out. It's "Gizmo related" in the broad sense that it has something to do with licensing (which involves products talking to Gizmo), but I can't say anything with certainty beyond that. I'm sorry we can't give you a more concrete answer beyond that. Rest assured, I'll be screaming it from the rooftops once we have a fix in hand.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I think the last sentence in Saso's post above is what you need to focus on.

Hmm. Thought Gizmo isn't Saso's area of responsibility... But I don't know on what and who does what at X-Aviation. Just know Saso and Goran making the TBM.

This issue is nearing to be around for six months, in which TerraMaxx has been not usable for me at all. I favor to fly the TBM, over flying only other aircraft to have TerraMaxx running. 

I must say I am disappointed that it takes so long to trace the error. You are risking customer's trust in your brand and all over quality add-ons throughout the years.

15 hours ago, Jakob Ludwig said:

Hmm. Thought Gizmo isn't Saso's area of responsibility... But I don't know on what and who does what at X-Aviation. Just know Saso and Goran making the TBM.

You shouldn't have to care about who does what; it should just work. But since you tagged me, we don't have any control over Gizmo either. We just make TerraMaxx / SkyMaxx Pro / etc., which also depends on Gizmo for licensing. To the best of our knowledge, the issue has nothing to do with TerraMaxx itself. So, we're waiting for a fix, just like you are.

• Upvote 1

The fix is also not one that will come from Gizmo. Saso simply gave insight on that licensing is done via that method, but it's not where the fix will come from. It's the side that interacts with Gizmo within the TBM plugin.

Gizmo has been around for ages, and @sundog as well as many other developers have made many products that all interact just fine cohesively without any issues. 

Since you're an active Discord user I'm sure you're aware you can further live chat with Saso about this there @Jakob Ludwig

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

The fix is also not one that will come from Gizmo. Saso simply gave insight on that licensing is done via that method, but it's not where the fix will come from. It's the side that interacts with Gizmo within the TBM plugin.

Gizmo has been around for ages, and @sundog as well as many other developers have made many products that all interact just fine cohesively without any issues. 

Since you're an active Discord user I'm sure you're aware you can further live chat with Saso about this there @Jakob Ludwig

Thanks for clarification. I wasn't really aware in what part Gizmo plays with the TBM and how they are connected. Appreciate

Yep I am using discord as well and I am in contact with Saso. He's looking into it... 

Despite the communication on discord, I prefer to highlight important things at the forums as well. A lot of people even don't know discord or simply neglect to use it. 

Personally I favour to streamline support into one or two channels. But looking at the distributors and developers of the growing X-Plane community, it gets more and more wide spread and sometimes it's hard to follow on. 

Thanks for the good communication from all of you.

Edited by Jakob Ludwig

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry but i am very disappointed by the way this problem is handled. Whatever the reasons for the problem are the incompatibility of the two products is nowhere mentioned. And looking at this thread i have the impression that this problem is not regarded as pressing. So you have buyers buying both products and have them figured out that they do not work together after having bought both.

Just now, salsero_at said:

I am sorry but i am very disappointed by the way this problem is handled. Whatever the reasons for the problem are the incompatibility of the two products is nowhere mentioned. And looking at this thread i have the impression that this problem is not regarded as pressing. So you have buyers buying both products and have them figured out that they do not work together after having bought both.

For majority of the customers reporting the issue to us, this was solved. There are a very few reporting otherwise which we cannot replicate ourselves (whereas before we could replicate the issue).

If you are still affected I am sorry for your frustration.

• 6 months later...

So I finally got around to flying the TBM900 more and I've seen TerraMaxx do these things. If I understand it correctly, what I have is the same issue: during flights, X-Plane freezes after TerraMaxx pops up a windows saying it is loading default textures, then it's barely a second until it freezes again with TerraMaxx saying it is load autumn textures.

Also, after the default texture loading and before the seasonal texture loading, X-RAAS is also reinitializing. Some other plugins might also, but I can't tell since they don't pop up a message.

Now what can I do to get this fixed other than disabling the TerraMaxx plugin when flying the TBM?