TBM 900 v1.1.2 Update Released!

Cameron

I can only repeat some of the posts here.

I installed the new update. The click spots are awkward for the landing/taxi lights and some of the other switches. The AOA HUD is not visible on the windshield unless I pan the view around. I have to be looking towards the roof for it to show on the windscreen. And the power lever click spot  has changed and it is no longer easy to change positions of the power lever.

8 minutes ago, joers182 said:

I can only repeat some of the posts here.

I installed the new update. The click spots are awkward for the landing/taxi lights and some of the other switches. The AOA HUD is not visible on the windshield unless I pan the view around. I have to be looking towards the roof for it to show on the windscreen. And the power lever click spot  has changed and it is no longer easy to change positions of the power lever.

We've had a lot of people ask for the clickspots on the switches to be placed at the tips of the switches.  This is now implemented.

I'm not really sure what you mean by the AoA hud.  Could you please post a screenshot?

Power lever has been changed to be VR compatible.  For those without VR, the left side of the Power Lever moves the lever forward and backward.  The right side moves it left to right.  Cursors have been changed to help in this and will be in the next update, which will be out asap.

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

The power lever issue has been fixed and will be available soon.  For now, left side moves the power lever forward and backward.  Right side moves it left-right.  The clickspots for some of the switches have been moved from the base of the switch to the tip of the switch.  

(SOLVED as per Gorans post) Hope so as the throttle is stuck at the position shown in the image. The scheme is weird as you can see the LOW-IDLE position and also the silouete on the left side. Initialy I was able to move the silouete up and down "grabing" the throttle with the mouse although it did not move phisicaly from the LOW-IDLE being stuck as shown in the image. In the end the scheme get freezed either. Since installing v1.1.2 I have only managed to move the throttlelever once and that was to the LOW-IDLE after a dozen of tries with the mouse. After that the lever didn't move any more. As this was during a startup in some way I managed to flood the combustion chamber, everything else is in perfect shape.

Side menu is there and works well in windowed and full screen modes.

1.jpg

Edited by Mateyhv

2 minutes ago, Mateyhv said:

Hope so as the throttle is stuck at the position shown in the image. The scheme is weird as you can see the LOW-IDLE position and also the silouete on the left side. Initialy I was able to move the silouete up and down "grabing" the throttle with the mouse although it did not move phisicaly from the LOW-IDLE being stuck as shown in the image. In the end the scheme get freezed either. Since installing v1.1.2 I have only managed to move the throttlelever once and that was to the LOW-IDLE after a dozen of tries with the mouse. After that the lever didn't move any more. As this was during a startup in some way I managed to flood the combustion chamber, everything else is in perfect shape.

Side menu is there and works well in windowed and full screen modes.

Did you follow my guide on operating the Power Lever (clicking and dragging on the left half moves it forward and backward.  Clicking and dragging the right side moves it left to right)?

Edited by Goran_M

Just now, Goran_M said:

Did you follow my guide on operating the Power Lever (clicking and dragging on the left half moves it forward and backward.  Clicking ad dragging the right side moves it left to right)?

Yes Goran, sorry was just trying what you said and yes it works as you pointed out, just have to grab the Lever on the left side or on the right, I was trying to grab it mostly in the  middle. Thanks for the quick responde!

Thanks for explaining the power lever.

I guess the new click spots will take some getting used to.

As for the angle of attack gauge this is what I mean. Please see attached screenshots. Nothing displays on the gauge when looking straight ahead. only when I tilt the view up.

TBM900_5.png

TBM900_6.png

TBM900_7.png

The AoA hud is an 11.26 compatibility issue.  Currently, Everything in the TBM is compatible with both 11.26 and 11.3, EXCEPT the HUD.  To get the HUD positioned properly, you will need to update to 11.3.  It WILL be fixed for 11.26 and will be in the next update.  

• Like 1

The throttle lever is actually better when you get used to it.

the click spots are difficult when the cockpit gets busy. I find I have to hover the curser over where the switch will be once pressed I.e not the point the switch end is in its current state (hard to explain that!)

the biggest issue I have is the new heat blue particles. They are way over the top to me. I may try and paste the old ones and see if it works.

other than that this amazing bird is getting better and better. Thanks guys for the continued work

7 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

The AoA hud is an 11.26 compatibility issue.  Currently, Everything in the TBM is compatible with both 11.26 and 11.3, EXCEPT the HUD.  To get the HUD positioned properly, you will need to update to 11.3.  It WILL be fixed for 11.26 and will be in the next update.  

Excellent. thanks for explaining this. I wasn't aware that it was only fully working with 11.30.

Joe

Hotstart, you could at least clean the windows before you deliver an aircraft to us... :D

Jokes aside, the windows look as if they are covered with some residue. (just as if somebody smoked a pack of cigarettes inside)

I did notice this also before, but after today´s update it seems much more prominent to me. In a night environment it is clearly visible, but also in daylight if you look close.

TBM900_2.png

TBM900_3.png

TBM900_4.png

TBM900_5.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RobW05 said:

Hotstart, you could at least clean the windows before you deliver an aircraft to us... :D

Jokes aside, the windows look as if they are covered with some residue. (just as if somebody smoked a pack of cigarettes inside)

I did notice this also before, but after today´s update it seems much more prominent to me. In a night environment it is clearly visible, but also in daylight if you look close.

TBM900_2.png

TBM900_3.png

TBM900_4.png

TBM900_5.png

I see the same thing on the windows. At first i was exited because it looks like ice on the windshield in VR, so i thought the rain and ice was fixed, but it was just some strange window artifacts with this release.

I have that weird "residue" on the windows and sunshield as well after updating. You can also see it on those small glass covers on a couple of the switches. Turns out it's the reflection setting doing that, if you turn off reflections in the TBM900 visual effects menu the residue goes away.

Click regions seem more difficult now unless I position the camera with a perfect straight on view. I understand this was by request but I have to admit I prefer the old click regions. :(

• Upvote 2

I'm doing a test flight right now. And it seems like autopilot struggle to keep GPS track. Now sure if it's RC1 problem or TBM.

I also noticed that autopilot can't adjust aileron trim.  I manually offset left rolling tendency during climb with right aileron trim before turning on the autopilot . Autopilot picked up  TBM with aileron trim all way to the right and left it there. Is that right?

P.S. I didn't check maintenance tab prior the flight, but my airframe is just few hours since new

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic