The HoStart TBM 900 Takeoff Challenge!

CDNCAVOK

Hello folks,

I am passionate about this airplane and all the work involved to make this beauty available for X-Plane 11. So first, let me say I am deeply appreciative.

Many people are struggling with taking off in this bird and I wish to point out the conflicting information about how the rudder trim should be set vs how I had to set it to get a straight takeoff with my old Saitek AV8R-01 twist rudder joystick! In my video below I have links to both Jason's video (real TBM Pilot and beta tester for this bird), and a link to a pilot taking off in the real bird, and the TBM instructional video. As far as I understand, the normal rudder trim position should be on or very close to the green indicator! 

That real world setting does not work for me. I have to set it slightly to the right of neutral. Watch my take-off attempts and I encourage you to post yours. In the video I forgot to show my Control Sensitivity settings and I am on XP11.26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hzY14ExzRQ

control.thumb.png.6f3880a6e40f9cce70606db130647055.png

Edited by CDNCAVOK
Edited Spelling

Interesting sharing, tks !... I'm struggling with take off as well "j'ai mangé de la verte" many times! (French pilot's quote when you miss your take off and end up in the green grass)

I'll give a try to this technique mentionned in the post to make it better...

• Like 1