Skymaxx Pro v4.7 lights visible through clouds XP 11.30 b7

dannyblood

Hi,

I tried out version of Skymaxx 4.7 and found out that scenery lights shine through clouds also in overcast conditions. Since XP 11.30 b versions scenery lights do not shines through default stock clouds. Seems that bug was working on from developers. Running on Windows 10 platform.

Kindly want to ask if that could be solved, respectively I can solve from my site?

Many thanks in advance for feedback

Best wishes

6 hours ago, sundog said:

I wasn't aware that this was addressed in the 11.30  beta. We can certainly look at it for a future update.

You might want to try selecting different overcast representations, as they may behave differently.

Hi,

many thanks for your reply. Here attached two examples with standard clouds of 11.30 b7.

I will use SkyMaxx in sunny day flights, because it brings very good results together with FSGRW and Real weather connector. The moving (or morthing) animation of clouds is very nice and I missed in stock XP.

I tried nearly all settings for overcast and clouds to look if scenery lights do not shine through clouds, but had no luck...

Many thanks in advance for sorting this out and looking forward to fly with SMP at night ;)

Best wishes

shot1.JPG

shot2.JPG

Actually I just tried it here (SMP 4.7.2 + XP 10.30b7), with an overcast layer over Seattle with SMP in "HD Puffs" mode, and the lights do not show through the clouds at all. Even broken cumulus seem to be doing the right thing.

Perhaps it depends on your graphics settings? HDR vs non-HDR might make a difference.

Another possibility is that your cloud layer was thinner than mine.

3 hours ago, sundog said:

Actually I just tried it here (SMP 4.7.2 + XP 10.30b7), with an overcast layer over Seattle with SMP in "HD Puffs" mode, and the lights do not show through the clouds at all. Even broken cumulus seem to be doing the right thing.

Perhaps it depends on your graphics settings? HDR vs non-HDR might make a difference.

Another possibility is that your cloud layer was thinner than mine.

Many thanks for your hints and hand on.

I will playing around a bit further and post it. Btw new XP is out...

Best wishes

Edit:

Nice, now with XP 11.30 r1 and SMP 4.72 works fine.

If haze or "fog" could also dim scenery lights it will be the best case.

Thanks

shot3.JPG

shot5.JPG

Edited by dannyblood
update
  • Like 1