smp 4.7.2 minecraft type clouds?

theskyisthelimit99

On 12/14/2018 at 7:10 AM, sundog said:

Whoah, haven't seen that before. If you can make it happen again, please send us your log.txt file after ending your flight so we can see what exactly you did.

In most cases i'm not doing anything.. last attempt i just opened xplane and there they were..

Previously though (and this is with the latest update).. if i open the control panel for skymaxx.. change a setting.. it then reverts to this minecraft state.

Trying to toggle things in the control panel after the fact doesnt fix it.

Attached is the log file from the latest issue.. in this case i opened a saved flight/situation (unsure if related)..  most of the entries related to skymaxx pro are in the end of the file i think.

Edit: pretty sure this happens if i load a saved situation.. and/or mess with the control panel.. last attempt i did it just loaded this way without the control panel tinkering.. So far it hasnt happened on a fresh load that i can see.

Log.txt

Edited by theskyisthelimit99

Well, you do have a LOT of third party plugins, and custom scenery installed. I don't see any signs of known issues in there, though. That puts you in a spot that's pretty tough to debug. I think it's one of two things:

- You may be running out of memory, either system memory or video RAM, which can happen if you have too many add-ons installed even on a beefy system (especially orthophotos)

- Another add-on is corrupting memory that SkyMaxx Pro depends on.

Either way, the only way to isolate the issue is to start un-installing things until SkyMaxx Pro starts working reliably again. You either have too much stuff installed, or something installed that is messing with us. One way to see if it's really a SkyMaxx issue would be to install a fresh copy of XP11 somewhere with no add-ons, add SkyMaxx Pro to it, and confirm that it works reliably on its own.

Your NVidia video driver is a wee bit out of date as well... I really doubt that's the issue, but updating it couldn't hurt.

Edited by sundog

4 hours ago, sundog said:

Well, you do have a LOT of third party plugins, and custom scenery installed. I don't see any signs of known issues in there, though. That puts you in a spot that's pretty tough to debug. I think it's one of two things:

- You may be running out of memory, either system memory or video RAM, which can happen if you have too many add-ons installed even on a beefy system (especially orthophotos)

- Another add-on is corrupting memory that SkyMaxx Pro depends on.

Either way, the only way to isolate the issue is to start un-installing things until SkyMaxx Pro starts working reliably again. You either have too much stuff installed, or something installed that is messing with us. One way to see if it's really a SkyMaxx issue would be to install a fresh copy of XP11 somewhere with no add-ons, add SkyMaxx Pro to it, and confirm that it works reliably on its own.

Your NVidia video driver is a wee bit out of date as well... I really doubt that's the issue, but updating it couldn't hurt.

I retested by using xorganizer to turn off a ton of scenery (basically set to default).. the issue remains but ONLY if I do the load saved situation option (i think its the only time it occurs).. so for now i know why at least.

During our own testing I did notice X-Plane crashing on startup when loading a saved situation. At the time I assumed it was just a bug in the 11.30 beta run, but I see you're on 11.26. 

Just tried it again to see if I could debug it more deeply, but now I can't get it to happen. So maybe we were seeing two different issues, and the one I was seeing was in fact an 11.30 beta issue that was resolved.

As a next step I would try a fresh install of X-Plane with just SMP, alongside your "real" installation. If that works reliably, then my best theory is a plugin conflict of some sort.

Edited by sundog