Announcing New SkyMaxx Pro & FSGRW Co-operation!

Cameron

Today we are pleased to announce new integration with SkyMaxx Pro v4.7+ and FS Global Real Weather. In order to take advantage of these features you will also need to have Real Weather Connector installed.

Any current customers of SkyMaxx Pro v4 as of the moment of this writing will receive an e-mail with a 30% discount code off retail price of FS Global Real Weather. The discount will be valid for 30 days.

When SkyMaxx Pro v4.7 and Real Weather Connector are installed, you will now see the following FSGRW / External Injector option for Real Weather Connector settings:

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 5.18.36 PM.png

The Press Release is as follows:

Maxx XP, in collaboration with Sundog Software, is pleased to announce a cooperation with PILOT’S to facilitate creating an incredibly immersive and extremely realistic real-time weather environment for X-Plane 11. PILOT’S FS Global Real Weather, the highly acclaimed weather engine for X-Plane 11, has been adapted from build 403 onwards to fully interact with Sundog Software’s Real Weather Connector and the newly released Maxx XP SkyMaxx Pro v4.7 update! The FS Global Real Weather engine is able to process a wide variety of cloud identifiers, such as Cirrus, Cumulus, Stratus, Cumulonimbus and Towering Cumulus. Cirrocumulus, Nimbostratus and Stratocumulus depiction in X-Plane 11 is planned for the near future. This detailed, cloud specific information is passed onto Real Weather Connector, allowing SkyMaxx Pro cloud types and their corresponding cloud textures in X-Plane 11 to be correctly interpreted and drawn for different altitude levels, while at the same time FS Global Real Weather injects real-time wind data into X-Plane 11. This adds a highly sophisticated level of realism to the X-Plane 11 world, and greatly enhances the immersive environment for both low-level GA flyers and high-altitude airline pilots.

48359851_1954617284652498_888126845139025920_o.jpg

47688833_1954617097985850_3513121628508651520_o.jpg

48203687_1954617197985840_1699969934320205824_o.jpg

48409613_1954617437985816_8835966798504394752_o.jpg

48359972_1954617141319179_3595144388486889472_o.jpg

46 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I think you are speaking about the installer. That's okay to ignore, as it is a warning from Apple about the future and not present. It worked fine on your computer.

I was able to install it but it has crashed X-Plane about 10 times in a row.

Hi Cameron,

I was just given the message that 4.7 is not optimized for my Mac when I went to install it. Do you know when it will be available for my computer?

Andy

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
Sierra 10.12.6
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 5.01.43 PM.jpg

13 hours ago, 777-300 said:

I was able to install it but it has crashed X-Plane about 10 times in a row.

It would be really helpful if you could provide any crash log your Mac may have written after this, as well as your metar.rwx file. I am seeing a few reports of crashes from Mac users, but we can't reproduce them here, so we're not really sure what's going on yet. It looks like running out of memory,  but you should have plenty.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gazzy360 said:

Hi all!

Just wondering about this product. I have SkyMaxx and RWC installed - what will this product actually add, as I see it's an extension of products and not a replacement. 

"FS Global Real Weather injects real-time wind data into X-Plane 11" - Is this not what RWC does? 

No. Real Weather Connector is a connector between detailed weather data, either provided by X-Plane or external add-ons such as FSGRW, and SkyMaxx Pro. It does not generate its own weather data; it parses the data it finds and transforms it into cloud formations that SkyMaxx Pro can represent.

1 hour ago, sundog said:

X-Plane or external add-ons such as FSGRW, and SkyMaxx Pro

Hi Sundog...I just purchased FSGRW and tried to install.  I stopped at the point when asked what sim I wanted to install FSUIPC in and the ONLY answer listed was P3dv4.  Is this a mistake or do I just download it anyway?

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

1 minute ago, JohnMAXX said:

dont think that is necessary in order for it to work

For some strange reason, even the pdf says this is only a p3d version of the software.  Nevertheless, I just did not check it, left it blank and moved on and the installation then took place. Just registered too! When I get the chance, I'll see if it runs on x-plane 11- Cheers and thanks again!

Just uncheck this option within the FSGRW installer and finish the installation. Once FSGRW is running and activated you can assign the XPlane installation within the FSGRW settings. Than select XPlane as target for weather transfer and it should be working. That must be done after you have selected the type of weather (static, historical, dynamic). There's a little drop down menu on the lower right in FSGRW.

25 minutes ago, Jakob Ludwig said:

Just uncheck this option within the FSGRW installer and finish the installation. Once FSGRW is running and activated you can assign the XPlane installation within the FSGRW settings. Than select XPlane as target for weather transfer and it should be working. That must be done after you have selected the type of weather (static, historical, dynamic). There's a little drop down menu on the lower right in FSGRW.

Yes, thank you! All is working terrific. Even in VR.  That FSGRW sure is an excellent addon for SMP.

• Like 1

Hi Frank,

I do remember seeing a warning that I was out of memory. I will reinstall 4.7 in the next day or so and give you all the info I can. As always I appreciate 

your help.

Andy

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
Sierra 10.12.6
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

Edited by 777-300
Added Info

7 hours ago, strider said:

Each new incarnation of your Skymaxx clouds seems to get more and more hideous looking! You guys need to get back to your roots when the clouds were more volumetric!

If you prefer the original look of SkyMaxx Pro, select the "Fast" and "dense particles" options in our config screen.

Hi,

I realize my problem is with FSGRW , but since I have had no reply from Stephan in 3 days after installing I thought I would let you know that there might be issues with the new joint venture -- even if only from lack of support at Pilots.  I uninstalled SkyMaxx & RWC & re-installed & am pretty sure the issue is an FSGRW one.

Hi community,

I have FSGRW 1.7 Build #043 (bought it in Oct 2015 from fsim.net), is this sufficient for usage with SMP 4.7.3 and RWC 1.1 or do I need the new ( 404 ? ) version?

As far as I can see 1.7 can inject the weather to X-plane, FS9, FSX, P3D V1, V2 and V3 but not V4, is this correct?

Can the new version be used for P3D V4?

many thanks for enlightenment.

Dscho 

49 minutes ago, Dscho said:

I have FSGRW 1.7 Build #043 (bought it in Oct 2015 from fsim.net), is this sufficient for usage with SMP 4.7.3 and RWC 1.1 or do I need the new ( 404 ? ) version?

You will need to upgrade to the new version.

49 minutes ago, Dscho said:

Can the new version be used for P3D V4?

Yes.

• 2 months later...

Got the announcement about the discount when it was released but ignored it because I already had FSGRW. I just discovered there are both a 32 and a 64 bit version and I have only the former. 

Had been running SMP with RWC and FSGRW and everything seemed to be fine; have not been flying for 4 months.

Do I need the 64 bit version to run SMP v. 4.7? If not would it be better to use it?

Thanks,