I had charts and now they are gone...

oldflyguy

I posted this in the General Discussion Forum but it probably should have been here.  Previously, I was able to access all the charts I needed for a flight right on the MFD using the charts softkey.  Now when I attempTBM900_Log.txtt this I get a "chart not available" message.  I have reinstalled (new downloads) a few times thinking something might be corrupted but still no joy on the chart access.  What did I do?   LOL!

Log.txt

The charts are pulled directly from the FAA and autorouter websites.  Flying outside of these will not give you any charts, and autorouter requires you to sign in.  If charts from the US or autorouter are not showing up, then it's almost definitely something on their end.  There's a chance the link the TBM is using has changed, in which case, it'll be looked into.  Try again on your next flight and report back.

Check the log. I've been having issues too and seeing errors like this in the TBM log:

2018-12-08 00:06:07 TBM900[chart_prov_common.c:182]: Error downloading chart index https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/-1/xml_data/d-TPP_Metafile.xml: HTTP error 404
2018-12-08 00:06:08 TBM900[odb.c:476]: Downloading new obstacle data from "http://aeronav.faa.gov/Obst_Data/DAILY_DOF_CSV.ZIP" for region "US"
2018-12-08 00:06:08 TBM900[odb.c:514]: Error updating obstacle database from http://aeronav.faa.gov/Obst_Data/DAILY_DOF_CSV.ZIP: Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)

something clearly is amiss.

Brett

• Upvote 1

@Patrick G. Everything works except the chart feature.  And works very well, I might add.  Had two flights today to check out something else - the TBM performed beautifully.  Full disclosure - I have to say the take off run continues to be very, very squirrelly (spelling?) but that is the only "con" I can come up with.  Otherwise, near perfect!  Make sure you turn on the AP on the upper panel...LOL!

Edited by oldflyguy

50 minutes ago, oldflyguy said:

@Patrick G. Everything works except the chart feature.  And works very well, I might add.  Had two flights today to check out something else - the TBM performed beautifully.  Full disclosure - I have to say the take off run continues to be very, very squirrelly (spelling?) but that is the only "con" I can come up with.  Otherwise, near perfect!  Make sure you turn on the AP on the upper panel...LOL!

Ok, I thought it was just me or crosswinds... but yeah - the takeoffs are squirrely.