CTD and Black Screen

mac2

Since installing the TBM 900 (1.1.1) having some trouble loading up XP11 - it seems to take much longer to load or sometimes just get a black screen followed by a CTD - if it does load successfully seems to be sometimes jumping right into the 900 on the ground rather than loading up the flight configuration screen first -( it was working with no problems before installed the 900)..any help appreciated....

Your log.txt file appears truncated. It usually starts something like this :

log.txt for X-Plane 11.26r2 (build 112601 64-bit)
 compiled on Aug 21 2018 21:49:25
X-Plane started on Thu Nov  1 19:42:08 2018

This log file is generated automatically by Laminar Research applications and contains diagnostics about your graphics hardware, installation, and any error conditions.
If you need to contact tech support or file a bug, please send us this file. NOTE: this file is rewritten every time you start ANY of your X-System applications.

Windows 6.1 (build 7601/2) Service Pack 1.0
This is a 64-bit version of Windows.
CPU type: 8664
Physical Memory (total for computer): 34306048000
Maximum Virtual Memory (for X-Plane only): 8796092891136
CPU 0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz  Speed (mhz): 3500

X-System folder:'E:\planex11.20/X-Plane 11 Clean/', case sensitive=0

2 hours ago, mac2 said:

Thank I found the log (attached).

Took this right after my last flight - flight ended when I got the 900 airborne then sim just CTD...……………………..

TBM900_Log.txt

Log file is very strange. Contains several different days of data indicated by timestamp. Truncated. Very odd..

Try rebooting your computer... X-Plane might be stuck as a zombie process somehow. Might be an easy fix while you wait for more advice.

@Goran Yes - I found my log file (attached to my post above)

@ben will certainly try a reboot...………………..but have had ongoing issues since installing (although last flight on the log got airbourne then got a CTD one before just got a black screen and XP11 froze before I got into a flight)

Just attached it...……………..

Couple of other questions -

How can I check what version I am on for the 900? - not sure how I would update it either as it uses an installer  (other planes I just delete and replace the aircraft file directly?) - also not familiar with the G1000 so interested to know how you can bring up the synthetic vision?

update:Just tried to use the 900 again first time tried to configure a flight with it just got a white screen (sim just locked it and had to exit to desktop) - second time used a couple of other aircraft to prove my XP11 was working then tried to start a flight in the 900 and just got a white screen again/sim locked/exited to desktop!

Log.txt

Edited by mac2

The installation file will have the current version number in the name.

The synthetic vision is enabled by pressing the PFD button on the PFD.  (Softkey 4)

Screenshot_4.png

Followed by the SYN VIS button (Softkey 1)

Screenshot_5.png

Your white screen is definitely unusual.  I'll forward the problem to toto and see what he can do with it.

Edited by Goran_M