Unfinished

mistraltulipe

I 've been trying to master  this aircraft ,   I don't like to say bad things, when nice people probably  put a lot of work trying to make a good product.

But this aircraft is   unfinished,    manualy unflyable (A killer),   unstable,   frame rate eater,   commands and switches hardly reachable.

I'm a pilot,  and in real life this aircraft wouldn't get an homologation. I'm very disapointed and I hope improvements will be made soon.

• Downvote 1

I'm real life flight instructor and TBM flies fine with me. It's not uncommon for pilots who fly certain type of airplane to discover that other aircraft feels and behaves differently. On several occasions I had students who after initial training in C-152   had hard time flying Cherokee 180 and comparing with a bus LOL So guys don't get frustrated, take your time and get to use  to TBM900.

I haven't flown real TBM900 but I think Piper Malibu would fall not far from it

100-0059_IMG.JPG

The Hotstart is tough to pitch down with full flaps due to the ballooning effect with full flaps. It is very tough to main the center line on takeoff and landing (even with all the tips and pointers). I'm sue the real pilots do not have these struggles (I have seen videos on youtube). I hope the Hotstart will be tweaked to improve these areas.

1 hour ago, Greaser said:

The Hotstart is tough to pitch down with full flaps due to the ballooning effect with full flaps. It is very tough to main the center line on takeoff and landing (even with all the tips and pointers). I'm sue the real pilots do not have these struggles (I have seen videos on youtube). I hope the Hotstart will be tweaked to improve these areas.

Well, to be fair with HotStart both bad behavior came from X-Plane 11 and we should continue pissing off Austin until it got fixed. The two main issue with XP11 IMO

BTOH Toto and Goran are very skilled guys and could minimize or fix this, if possible.

But I agree with you, Hotstart TBM has this issues and I don't think reflects how real aircraft behaves.

1 hour ago, PilotGav said:

Cameron, people in the TBM community are going really sick of your smart ass replies and attitude.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm sure you read the top post, Gav.  Sometimes, when the criticisms go too far, into the "ridiculous" category, it turns into trolling.  

We can take criticisms, but not when they're lines of crap.

1 hour ago, PilotGav said:

Cameron, people in the TBM community are going really sick of your smart ass replies and attitude.

I see nothing "smartass" about his comment, and you're attempted rallying cry for the "TBM Community" is very sad.....

Some personal advice, try being more positive instead of trying to head up a witch trial.....

Admittedly the high road is much more difficult but the rewards are also greater....,

Lol.

I see nothing "smartass" about his comment, and you're attempted rallying cry for the "TBM Community" is very sad.....
Some personal advice, try being more positive instead of trying to head up a witch trial.....
Admittedly the high road is much more difficult but the rewards are also greater....,

Gavin,

I made a post in this topic a week ago. I'm pretty sure you don't speak for even a percentage point of the community; just yourself given your history of liking to argue.

If you want to seek out a place to try and be a hero or spark arguments you're in the wrong place. One, and only warning. The next time it happens you're simply banned.

17 hours ago, PilotGav said:

Speak for yourself. 

Anyway, I think there are multiple factors at play here.

•  The somewhat framerate intensive nature of the add-on.
  •  The real-life aircraft isn't easy to fly or so I'm told.
  •  XP 11's broken ground handling.
  •  There aren't a whole lot of high fidelity single-engine turboprops out there for XP so many of us jump in with no previous experience in this type of aircraft.
  •  Finally, I think our setups play a big role. For example, I have an old Saitek X52 that I have used for many years and try as I might I couldn't get the TBM airborne without swerving down the runway like a drunken idiot so I try my friends X55 Rhino and to my surprise I had no issues getting airborne.
Edited by NeoPyro
  • Like 1

Also in XP11.30 LR adds the configurable input curves to all axis - that should help quite a bit even on crappy rudder like the Saitek ones I have. I found that having correct rudder trim set and using rudder trim instead of pedals (unless a bigger correction is required) on takeoff helps too. I think the crappy consumer HW with no backpressure and jittery, short travel axes are the major source of the problems. Especially if you don't have pedals at all but a twist joystick or something like that. You can't realistically expect it to behave like the real thing because the HW is completely wrong, even if the modelling is perfect. But at least the curves should help, we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 2:01 PM, Cameron said:

Meanwhile the TBM pilot who owns the real thing that was on our beta team gives it insane praises. Go figure!

Ok here is where I draw the line and do not accept these types of comments. I am also a RW Pilot!  Look at Jason's rudder setting on take/off in the HotStart TBM  at 25:22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zExCWZWKe-I&t=446s . His rudder trim is centered which would probably send him careening of the runway in his real TBM! They are not set as they are supposed to according to the TBM Instructional video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8sc3VlZPUc  at 5:21. The rudder should be set in the green!  In the HotStart TBM I also have to set the rudder trim just a little right off the the center to have any chance in taking off straight! 

So I am sorry to report but mistratulipe has a point! The TBM still needs some tweaking!  I am making a full fledge video of me taking off with different rudder settings which I will post back hear once completed. 

Edited by CDNCAVOK

Ok here is where I draw the line and do not accept these types of comments. I am also a RW Pilot!  Look at Jason's rudder setting on take/off in the HotStart TBM  at 25:22 
. His rudder trim is centered which would probably send him careening of the runway in his real TBM! They are not set as they are supposed to according to the TBM Instructional video here 
  at 5:21. The rudder should be set in the green!  In the HotStart TBM I also have to set the rudder trim just a little right off the the center to have any chance in taking off straight! 
So I am sorry to report but mistratulipe has a point! The TBM still needs some tweaking!  I am making a full fledge video of me taking off with different rudder settings which I will post back hear once completed. 

You should take that up with Jason directly. As a member of our beta team he sings high praises and we listened carefully to his input. I'm not going to dispute a guy who has tons of hours in the aircraft that he personally owns.

25 minutes ago, Cameron said:

You should take that up with Jason directly. As a member of our beta team he sings high praises and we listened carefully to his input. I'm not going to dispute a guy who has tons of hours in the aircraft that he personally owns.

I am not disputing anyone Cameron. I am just going by the TBM manual and instructional videos. With all forces in play even a Single Engine piston requires right rudder trim. I can only take off straight with little or no rudder trim in the HotStart TBM 900. I love the plane but it still needs some work since no rudder trim in zero wind to take off straight makes absolutely no sense! I will ask him about it on his video stay tuned!

Edited by CDNCAVOK

• 4 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

You improved the aircraft a lot since my first comment, thank You very much, I start loving to fly it.

My initial critic was not so much about the take off and landing and the exagerated impact of rudder on the ground,  witch had probably a lot to do with the sim itself.

I meant that inflight, after properly triming it in smooth weather,  without touching commands, the aircraft was deviating pitch and roll and instead of coming back compensating naturally to neutral, it was increasing its deviation behaviour.

And that would not be accepted in real life.

Nevertheless,  its getting better and better.