No seasonal textures at KEGE

jfwharton

When flying into KEGE I noticed that TerraMaxx does not provide seasonal textures to this airport.  I am running XP11.26 on steam. I had installed a KEGE scenery pack downloaded from the scenery gateway.  Thought maybe it was that so I removed it but the default KEGE exhibits the same behavior.  I have included two screen shots, one with TerraMaxx turned off so it should be the default scenery for KEGE.  The second with the date set in January so it said it was applying deep winter.  In the second you can see winter textures having been applied in the distant mountain but the airport area textures have not changed.  The darkening of the airport textures is due to the angle of the sun in January as opposed to July.  It was my understanding that TerraMaxx is supposed to be able to work on default airports, so I wonder why it isn't working on KEGE.

DO228_4.png

DO228_5.png

If I remove the KEGE scenery pack from my custom scenery folder (which I downloaded from the scenery gateway) I get the same thing with the default XP11 scenery for this airport.   So is LR putting orthoscenery in default airports now?  How do I get around this?

Edited by jfwharton

The only place I have installed this airport is in custom scenery.  If you go to the X-Plane scenery gateway and search for KEGE you will find several versions.  The one I installed was dated 23 May of this year.  The previous approved version is dated 17 January of this year.  If you click on download for that version a popup comes up stating that it is already included in XP 11.20.  If I download that version that is already included in 11.20 and put it into custom scenery the issue still persists as that version uses photoreal scenery.  So apparently LR is including scenery with photoreal imagery in them.  Or is unaware that some developers on the scenery gateway are using photoreal scenery in the airports that are being included in new releases of XP11.  So I can't uninstall this airport unless I dig into the XP11 scenery and attempt to delete it.  But then Steam will just reinstall it again if I verify game files.  So this apparently will become more of an issue for TerraMaxx going forward.

Edited by jfwharton

52 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

The only place I have installed this airport is in custom scenery.  If you go to the X-Plane scenery gateway and search for KEGE you will find several versions.  The one I installed was dated 23 May of this year.  The previous approved version is dated 17 January of this year.  If you click on download for that version a popup comes up stating that it is already included in XP 11.20.  If I download that version that is already included in 11.20 and put it into custom scenery the issue still persists as that version uses photoreal scenery.  So apparently LR is including scenery with photoreal imagery in them.  Or is unaware that some developers on the scenery gateway are using photoreal scenery in the airports that are being included in new releases of XP11.  So I can't uninstall this airport unless I dig into the XP11 scenery and attempt to delete it.  But then Steam will just reinstall it again if I verify game files.  So this apparently will become more of an issue for TerraMaxx going forward.

The gateway does not accept such files. Almost assuredly you have an underlay folder NOT labeled EGE. This is definitely not something Laminar included.

I guess I'll disable all airports in my custom scenery folder and turn them on one at a time and see what happens.  I wonder if this is because I have the Aeorsoft Aspen XP installed and it does not have winter yet but is supposed to release soon.  I'll try disabling that and see what happens.  Thanks.