How to use joystick levers for power levers?

Mindyourstep

Hi, this is a very boring story, I'm sorry, but I hope someone would like to think with me and maybe come up with a solution...

I've got a Mad Cat F.L.Y.5 Stick (maybe I have to buy another), that has 2 levers on it. On all X-plane-aircraft I use the left lever for thrust (idle=down, full power=up), and the right lever for reverse thrust (idle=up, full reverse=down). (So by default I have 'left' in the 'down position' and 'right' in the 'up-position') 

Now I wonder, how can I use my joystick for the SAAB 340A, because the behavior changes when I set the condition lever to MAX: with the current settings, and if I have the condition lever on MAX, I cannot use the left lever on my joystick: If I touch it, both power levers in the SAAB go immediately to full reverse (all to the bottom)...if I use my right lever on the joystick, SAAB's power lever acts mirrored (reversed): So I have to pull my right joystick lever down, in order to push the SAAB lever up and gain thrust...that feels very unnatural. 

I tried to play around with the settings and checkbox for CH-quadrant...Result: I have to forget about the left joystick lever and only use the right one and check the 'Reverse'-box in X-plane's joystick settings. Every time I use another plane I must remember to uncheck that box. 

Does anybody know better settings for this joystick, or should I buy another one...if yes, which one do you recommend?

Thank you so much for your help,

All the best