TBM 900 Slow down frame rate after long flights

nath4n77

Hi I know you are aware of this problem. I am getting my 60fps to start with on the tbm 900 then after two hours or so drops to 40 fps regardless settings, can i send log file for your assistance. Anything I can do to help? I am running FS real global weather! I will send log. Paid too much money on this bird, and looking to help fix this issue,

kind regards
Nathan

Name of product(s) - Put N/A for none: Take command hotstart tbm 900

i7-4770k @ 3.50ghz  R 8.00gb gtx 780 

Log.txt

Sorry pulled the log at the wrong time. Now unsaved.

Its the TBM 900 im having trouble with, as others have reported on the forum it slows down, and as i say 60fps to 40fps.

And dont say 40fps is still good!! Lol

Im just about to do a run ksdl ksjc in the tbm with fs real global wx updating along the way. I will pull the log once it happen

Regards 

propper log attached

kdsl to kjsc fs real global wx updated along the way, worked fine for awhile, then lost around 15 fps toward end going through some cloud killing fps. Did not get back my 60fps until shutdown at san Jose, where as usually get back popping out of the clouds.

also always i turn off windows defender b4 landing, this made no difference.

Log.txt

Edited by nath4n77
more info

6 hours ago, Tom Stian said:

I have the same issue also. (i have not tried 1.1.1 yet)

After 1-2 houres the FPS is dropping.

When powering down the aircraft the FPS is restored, but if I power up the aircraft again (in the same session) the FPS is going down again. 

Thanks Tom.

Are you online and using any weather generator using tbm?

Same issue here.

But I doubt that it's connected to the WX, I experience the same behaviour with UWXP+FSGRW, as with xEnviro or Stock-Weather. Already removed all plugins (except Gizmo), no change. 
Nexrad on, WX-Radar in Weather-Mode, 5 AI-Traffic (Low Poly Model).

(As I am writing this, I got the idea to try with AI-Traffic completely disabled soon)

XPlane 10.26 (latest stable)
Windows 10 (latest)
i7-8700k, 1080TI 11GB,  32GB RAM

32 minutes ago, mokny said:

Same issue here.

But I doubt that it's connected to the WX, I experience the same behaviour with UWXP+FSGRW, as with xEnviro or Stock-Weather. Already removed all plugins (except Gizmo), no change. 
Nexrad on, WX-Radar in Weather-Mode, 5 AI-Traffic (Low Poly Model).

(As I am writing this, I got the idea to try with AI-Traffic completely disabled soon)

Thanks Mokny,

I fly very bare, I have no scenery packages, no ai traffic, no HDR very basics, and its happening to me. All sliders to the left.The only thing I had going was the FSGRW.

I have to do research because I am new, but I do not exactly know what GIZMO64 does. Each time I removed the plugin, it affected my other payware aircraft. I had to re activate all my carenado aircraft. Not happy!

I dont believe you can remove GIZMO64 and fly the TBM900 without it right?

regards

12 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Gizmo is for activation.  Please do not remove it.

No. I did remove. I will re add it when TBM900 issue is resolved, im not sure what other bugs could be caused by the plugin.

What does Gizmo do for x plane, beside be abe to use the TBM? 

As I say I am new, an old FSX player

Programme in Lua Script..i c 

I have no other addons that require gizmo except TBM900.

Great plane, but guess I will have to wait for the issues to be fixed first before I can fly it.

Edited by nath4n77
answer

Gizmo powers several X-Aviation add ons.  It is a scripting language, similar to SASL, which is used in x-plane.org add ons, that allows developers to code systems more quickly than conventional means.  It is also a DRM that secures developers add ons from piracy.

It will not slow down your system in any way, and if you are not using an add on that depends on it, it will sit there, doing nothing.  There really is no need to remove it.  If you choose to remove it, that is up to you.  

1 minute ago, Goran_M said:

Gizmo powers several X-Aviation add ons.  It is a scripting language, similar to SASL, which is used in x-plane.org add ons, that allows developers to code systems more quickly than conventional means.  It is also a DRM that secures developers add ons from piracy.

It will not slow down your system in any way, and if you are not using an add on that depends on it, it will sit there, doing nothing.  There really is no need to remove it.  If you choose to remove it, that is up to you.  

Ok Goran,

many thanks that is good to know, thanks for the explination. 

regards

I've got a "system: mac osx 10.11.6 iMac Retina 5K, 27", end2015, 4GHz i7, 32GB, AMD Radeon M395X 4096MB" 
and fly X-plane on 2048X1024-resolution and medium Rendering Options: Visual Effects, High; Texture Quality, High; Antialiasing, FXAA / Number of World Objects, High; Reflection Detail, Minimal; (draw shadows on scenery and draw parked aircraft: both unchecked boxes) I fly the TBM900 without visual effects(!)

I fly VFR above rural area, and start (and keep for more then an hour) frame rates just on or below acceptable: 17 to 21 fps (19, with some stutters). But indeed after an hour hopping from airport to airport I suddenly freezed for ten seconds or so, and from that moment on I have got a steady 13 fps and have to shut down X-plane, because it is unflyable.

It is such a pity that this plane is so incredibly heavy on frame rates, because it is such a wonderful piece of art. Is it possible to make this add-on more friendly on framerates?

Just before I shut down I had:
f-act 9.6167 /sec , f-sim 19.900 /sec , frame 0.1040 time , cpu 0.1022 time , gpu 0.1169 time , grnd 1.000 ratio , flit 1.000 ratio

Thanks, Sander

Edited by Mindyourstep

It shouldn't be heavy on fps.  We've tested it against the default C172, and it runs, on average, 10% slower than that aircraft.  A lot of optimizations have already been done.

Could you list what plugins you have running in the background?

Do you have any hi res ortho loaded?

Also, submitting a log.txt will give us an idea on what's going on in the background.

10 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

It shouldn't be heavy on fps.  We've tested it against the default C172, and it runs, on average, 10% slower than that aircraft.  A lot of optimizations have already been done.

Could you list what plugins you have running in the background?

Do you have any hi res ortho loaded?

Also, submitting a log.txt will give us an idea on what's going on in the background.

Thanks for the quick reply,

I have installed, but did not use, maybe some are running in the background: WorldTraffic 3, XiVap, 124thATC, BetterPushback, TerrainRadar, X-ATC-Chatter, X-RAAS2, xgs (=landing speed plugin) and via FlyWithLua: XPRealistic Pro and 3jFPS-wizard
I was flying over ZL16 orthos.

(All the above seems a lot in the background, but I fly other payware props and airliners over NYC with DDrezw. payware airports, VFR-buildings without any problems. Maybe something is interfering?)

Now I forgot to save a copy of the log.txt, so here is a new one where I just loaded some aircraft at the EHLE-airport that I visited: →  Log.txt  <-- 
(- dropping default Cessna (without G1000) at EHLE cold-and-dark: 47-50fps
- dropping Aerobask DA-62 at EHLE cold-and-dark: 47fps
- dropping TBM900 at EHLE cold-and-dark: 19-22fps)

Yesterday I was flying over New Zealand (no ortho's): only in clear sky and without raineffect/reflections I can keep above 20 fps.

Thank you for the effort to look into this.

I just want to let know...I am on a project to find out where the bottleneck might be. Still not found, but keep you posted. (side effect: In the mean time, with all those take-offs and landings I am getting a Pro on this plane...;)) Adding FlyWithLua with all those scripts tomorrow...

analysis1.thumb.jpg.b311c6ee9872d6eef68584c35b387faf.jpg

Edited by Mindyourstep

I found my "culprit": FlyWithLua (or a script in it: like "XPRealistic Pro")
- Fps went down with >10fps and a lot of stuttering occurred (12-15fps) in the-middle-of-nowehere-SCIP(!)
- Default C172 also suffers under FlyWithLua, but that plane is still "simmable"
- Also note worthy: while flying the TBM900 3jFPS-wizard shows 26 fps, while X-plane's data shows 21 fps at the same time. While flying the C172 both results are equal.

So I removed FlywithLua and took a long shot to re-install all other plugins and let them run. Very good results. Then I left SCIP and cranked up my scenery step-by-step.

More important: I did a three hour VFR-flight hopping from airport to airport and did not experience the problem of this topic: about the continuous low fps after a long flight. The whole tour went great. Only the last 20 minutes I encountered the <20fps-ceiling when approaching Schiphol with a lot of things going on, like World Traffic 3 aircraft coming and going.

So maybe, maybe, this problem has something to do with FlyWithLua.

Hope I contributed with this little research.
All the best.

TBM900_fps_analysis.thumb.jpg.53b37943a4b186770b54f5d226a7ee6c.jpg

Edited by Mindyourstep
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I have done my long awaited hardware upgrade (i7 8700k) and set up everything from scratch on this occasion. 

Today i did my first longer flight (ENBR to LOWI) and to my surprise, I had a frame drop again after about 90 minutes in flight. Frames dropped to below 20 and nothing can be done to get them back. The same frame drop as I had with my old i5 setup, so I can say it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue. I have also not installed World Traffic 3 again because that seemed to be the culprit on my old system. (at least i thought so) 

Well, I managed to land somehow and shutdown the plane and as soon as the crash bar is down frames come back. Crash bar up and frames get back down. 

Restarting the simulator and everything is back to normal, I can fly around LOWI in very heavy weather with high xplane settings and still get 35-40 frames. 

Now, the only thing which my new setup has in common with my old setup is AlpilotX's HD-Mesh V4. Do you think this can be the issue? Maybe some conflict of the HD-Mesh with the TAWS system of the TBM 900?

I'll investigate further... 

Edited by RobW05