Sidebar TBM900 does not appear

Touchdown1978

Hi, have had the TBM 900 since release and had no problems. Opened it today and suddenly also have no sidebar. Deleted the "Output TBM 900" file but no change. I run 2 monitors one 34"widescreen and a 27". If I window either monitor I get t he menu back but under full screen nothing.

Hope someone can help...thanks

Hi Goran_M!  Just consider this a bug report...LOL!  No one expects you folks to support XP beta's - that would be like trying to beat back the sea with a stick.  Just click on a windowed view when you need to use the side bar - then back to full screen if you desire.  The side bar isn't there while you're flying anyway.  Same thing when you land and want to shut down.  Easy fix.  However, I do hope you folks can solve this when 11.3 is released.

Best,

Ken

3 hours ago, oldflyguy said:

Hi Goran_M!  Just consider this a bug report...LOL!  No one expects you folks to support XP beta's - that would be like trying to beat back the sea with a stick.  Just click on a windowed view when you need to use the side bar - then back to full screen if you desire.  The side bar isn't there while you're flying anyway.  Same thing when you land and want to shut down.  Easy fix.  However, I do hope you folks can solve this when 11.3 is released.

Best,

Ken

This is the best option for now, thanks.

8 hours ago, Goran_M said:

This is happening in the latest beta while in Full Screen mode and, we think, default resolution.  If you would like to experiment, try a custom resolution.  Otherwise, we do not support beta's.  Please revert back to 11.26.

We'll further address this when 11.3 comes out of beta.

Hi Goran, yes you are right. I found another plane ASDG supercub left side bar has similar as TBM9. it is Beta related.

I really dont think this bug is a big deal, just report it and let you know

and i've fired a bug to LR

Edited by cpuwolf

They've changed the behavior of the XPLMGetAllMonitorBoundsGlobal function in Beta 5 and flipped the way it represents the top and bottom screen coordinates. This is what's messing up our window positioning. I'm hesitant to go change our code, because who knows if they won't revert it back to the older behavior in Beta 6.

• Upvote 1

I reverted back to 11.26, cold and dark, and was happy to get the side bar back, only to install the newly released KDEM airport and now side bars are gone again.  After reverting again and installing the airport again, the side bar is consistently not present once added.   Obviously, it's a larger issue perhaps more related to xplane , but it might be wise to see what can be done to ensure under either condition the menu is accessible.

Edited by rparson99
Add

So, with my issue I can see that running in Windowed mode will help with the general problem of the menu bar...however I have found that this particular scenery KDEN causes the menu bar to not show in either mode.  When I remove the scenery (by deleting folder from scenery), then I can see the menu in Windowed mode again.   I do understand that this is not necessarily your issue...but clearly thee is some potential conflicts based on what different devs are doing....and Laminar...heh heh.