Update of the Mentor. 1.1 version. List of changes done.

Japo32

Hello all. I am proud to announce the ending of the first update of the Mentor. The 1.1 version. It has been long developing because for the first time it includes a plugin inside for 3 versions (linux, windows and mac) and I had to fight to understand how compilate.

Also there is a colaboration of Lukasz redoing some of the air dynamics of the plane to behave more like the real one.

So.. here are the list of changes done:

JRollon 1.1 version:

1. Now the rain appears or dissappears when it is not raining. Still the button to make it hide is available.

2. Landing lights auto switch off when landing gear doors are closing. You won't be able to switch them on when LG are retracted.

3. Real Gmeter done. It record your maximun and minimun gs. You can reset them with new button added on gauge.

4. Added steer to the front Landing gear. Now all of those that don't have differential brakes will be able to steer the plane

5. Now you can tune the radios normally. Forget about all those tricks you had to made. POWER OF PROGRAMMING!!! :)

Lukasz 1.1 version. This plane also includes the jrollon modifications.

1.  Modification on Speed and GLoad limits

2.  Better engine general performance

3.  Modified propeller data and shape

4.  Very close to real engine and propeller inertia

5.  Added torque limiter as in real plane

6.  Added inverted fuel system as in real plane (the real plane does not have this but Lukasz liked to have it)

7.  Added beta range

8.  Changed propeller condition lever behaviour a little

9.  Highly accurate specific fuel consumption

10. Idle fuel flow and torque almost as in reality

11. Reduced exhaust gases visibility

12. Complete rebuilt of electrical systems, to reflect real Mentor as much as possible within default X-Plane modeling

13. Tuned various engine and systems related limits

14. Rebuilt wings: added incidence, geometry twist,

15. Complete overhaul of airfoils for main wings, with the help of real world aerodynamic data

16. Removed tail vertical fins (it's impossible to properly replicate them and they have marginal impact anyway). On internal model

17. Fuselage drag coefficient

18. Controls geometry

19. Complete rebuilt of flaps, with the help of real world aerodynamic data (they don't go by dents points)

20. Controls phase-out

21. Trim adjustments

22. Gear produces more drag when lowered

23. Added custom inertia (radii of gyration)

24. Changed weights and balance

25. Added automatic cowl flaps as in real plane

26. Added more grip on wheels, so the plane stays put when full power is applied

I have just send the files to x-aviation so I think they will upload as fast as they can, so you will be able to see it soon on your computers.

Thanks for all your support!

JRollon Planes.

yes.. both versions are on the update and the reason is quite simple. Lukasz one was made by himself and he decided he wanted to share with all for free. But I only will give support on the JRollon one. Lets say is like having an extra.

On future patches I will upgrade the Lukasz also if I find it possible but because Lukasz changed lots of things maybe are thing people don't like compared with JRollon version.... So every complain or congratulation donation, etc.. to Lukasz have to be said to him (the email will be included).

about what is easyer... I believe Lukasz is easyer to fly than mine. But that doesn't mean that mine is more realistic. Believe me I never flought a Mentor. I would like!!! any offer??  ;D

Yes.. sorry for the impatience.... .hehe.. the files where just sent yesterday to Cameron so he could not upload so fast.. but he will for sure.

But I wanted to list all the changes made on the planes to let you see that all planes has a support behind and that I didn't forget about the Mentor, just because I had the bad news of the CRJ project frozen.

For sure all 3 planes are going to be supported by me on future x-plane 10 release. Remember that I make some planes for x-plane 10 so I understand quite well how to make them work correctly there. Right now I have the 3 versions of them working on x-plane 10 alpha.

Sounds like a great update, I always felt the flight model needed more (funny, I've never been in one though!).

Pretty please - Get on Austin's back to approve preview pics of that 747 deck! And a video...

sAni_puppy.gif

+1

Too nice Rush, I ain't seen a response though.

well I would like to make a video of the starting process on the 747 I am making.. so that would be better than a pic.. but first I will ask Austin and second I will end the cockpit.

About the update of the Mentor, I HOPE that x-aviation UPLOAD it soon.

I think a lot of people are very excited with your new 747 on the way, and your videos are always something to look forward to. I keep checking back every day for that Mentor update. Loved the original release, and the update sounds great.

Best of luck.

The update will be in your e-mail, just as with all updates through X-Aviation.

You must be sending them out alphabetically.  Always sucked being in the W's.............

The system sends out in batches for number in which order was received. The batch process prevents any mishandling of e-mails and helps to ensure our customers get the updates in their e-mail.