Strange Bug!

XP_Pilot

13 minutes ago, rickw844 said:

I've posted this twice - once here and once with Hotstart directly, never heard from Hotstart.  I thought I was the only one!  Only happens in clouds and precip on the exterior views.

Not meaning to come across as confronting, but we've answered this question quite a few times.  It's an 11.3 issue.  New shaders, and we've told everyone that if they choose to run it in 11.3, to do so at their own risk, as we don't support any X Plane beta's.  We do know about it, but toto isn't going to do anything about it until 11.3 is out of beta, as things could change, or Laminar could even fix it on their end.

Sorry I was not clearer in my first post. This is not 11.3.

I don't do beta versions. I'm still on 11.26.

log.txt for X-Plane 11.26r2 (build 112601 64-bit)
 compiled on Aug 24 2018 09:46:06
X-Plane started on Fri Nov 16 17:19:12 2018

This log file is generated automatically by Laminar Research applications and contains diagnostics about your graphics hardware, installation, and any error conditions.
If you need to contact tech support or file a bug, please send us this file. NOTE: this file is rewritten every time you start ANY of your X-System applications.

Windows 10.0 (build 17134/2)
This is a 64-bit version of Windows.
CPU type: 8664
Physical Memory (total for computer): 17129848832
Maximum Virtual Memory (for X-Plane only): 140737488224256
CPU 0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz  Speed (mhz): 2592

I've tried playing in the Nvidia settings with no results. This isn't a random occurrence, every flight through the clouds with lights on will cause this.

Perhaps you can add an on/off button for the spinner reflections like you did for the cockpit windows. maybe that would fix it.

I fly mostly GA prop planes and I really don't care if the spinner can reflect any image. I care more about the systems and flight model and you guys have nailed it in that respect.

I have over 30 hours with this plane on FSE alone with no end in sight...

7 hours ago, rickw844 said:

I've posted this twice - once here and once with Hotstart directly, never heard from Hotstart.  I thought I was the only one!  Only happens in clouds and precip on the exterior views.

You'll be ignored at Hotstart, so don't bother posting there.  According to Cameron, I'm the only one to make that error.  You must have read on the website that you can submit ANY question.  Not true.  They want you to post on this forum only!!!

You'll be ignored at Hotstart, so don't bother posting there.  According to Cameron, I'm the only one to make that error.  You must have read on the website that you can submit ANY question.  Not true.  They want you to post on this forum only!!!

Goran has been posting in this thread and is a developer of Hot Start.

This is your one warning. Pull stupid stunts like this again and you're gone.

2 hours ago, craighardy said:

What are you talking about??  No one has been ignored.  Every single question is read and noted, and many are answered.  We're looking after the Hot Start discord and these forums.  We can't reply to every single question, otherwise we won't have time to make fixes.  But we do make note of every single issue.  Uncalled for, Craig.

7 hours ago, XP_Pilot said:

I've tried playing in the Nvidia settings with no results. This isn't a random occurrence, every flight through the clouds with lights on will cause this.

Perhaps you can add an on/off button for the spinner reflections like you did for the cockpit windows. maybe that would fix it.

I fly mostly GA prop planes and I really don't care if the spinner can reflect any image. I care more about the systems and flight model and you guys have nailed it in that respect.

I have over 30 hours with this plane on FSE alone with no end in sight...

Are you using an on board/built in the motherboard GPU?  

On 11/17/2018 at 5:57 PM, Goran_M said:

What are you talking about??  No one has been ignored.  Every single question is read and noted, and many are answered.  We're looking after the Hot Start discord and these forums.  We can't reply to every single question, otherwise we won't have time to make fixes.  But we do make note of every single issue.  Uncalled for, Craig.

Thank you for your reply!

I was speaking through personal experience.  About a week ago, a ticket was created concerning the issue I was having with a 3 monitor setup.  I was expecting at least to hear back that you are aware of the problem and are working on it.  That never happened. 

I was then told on this forum that the Hot Start site is only for sales and activation support.  So, now you appear to be saying something different: that you do read every single question.

I'm confused.  Every single question is read and noted vs. only for sales and activation support?  My comment was based on the latter being true, in which case one could come to the conclusion that non-sales and activation support questions may go unanswered on Hot Start.

Edited by craighardy

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Hot Start site".  Are you talking about X-Aviation?  X-Aviation is the store, and it deals with sales and activation support.  

The forums here are dealing with technical support, specific to the add on.  And it is here that we read every single question pertaining to the actual product when it comes to issues like the one described by the OP.

2 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Hot Start site".  Are you talking about X-Aviation?  X-Aviation is the store, and it deals with sales and activation support.  

The forums here are dealing with technical support, specific to the add on.  And it is here that we read every single question pertaining to the actual product when it comes to issues like the one described by the OP.

The original comment I was responding to was "I've posted this twice - once here and once with Hotstart directly, never heard from Hotstart."   So "here" is obviously the forum where you do read everything.  And where the original comment said "and once with Hotstart directly" I assumed to be the same as the X-Aviation site.  Am I wrong?

19 hours ago, Cameron said:

Hot Start has a discord. That is directly with Hot Start.

Your comments are getting old here, Craig. Enough.

Check the thread.  I was simply responding to Goran_M who addressed a comment to me first.  It was not the other way around.  All of my comments have been responses to his comments to me.  Should I have ignored them?  You should have checked that before making your comment.

I was minding my own business!

Edited by craighardy