graphic distortion sky max pro 46 & x-plane 11.30

boeingornotgoing

On 11/16/2018 at 6:10 AM, JohnMAXX said:

Chris,

This is most definitely  a GPU issue, try updating drivers or rolling them back........

Also be careful if you are overclocking......If you are,  try running XP normally

Hi John, 

hope you are well.   I am on Mac,  so I don't have those options you mentioned.    It just happened again,  

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 11.48.41 AM.jpg

Log.txt

Not sure what it is,  as everything has been fine for months and months,   I will see if v4.7 fixes anything or 11.30 beta is buggy.   but in general, this is an out of the blue issue again.  

my iMac works in top shape for all other things.  

I tested many toggles on the SMP interface box, but nothing changed the issue,  unlike a previous time where disabling shadows on water made the issue go away.  

uninstall SMP and use x-plane default weather and there isn't this issue.  

that is all I have to help you

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 11.53.09 AM.jpg

Edited by boeingornotgoing

Chris I remember when you had this issue before......Im doing well BTW :) 

Few things,

Being that it came back up points to a hardware issue.......As a hardware guy, medical device repair, I run into graphical errors often on our standardized workstations, its very unlikely a software issue would pop up like this....

If there was an issue on our end , due to how MAC's are standardized, we would see this very often.......What I mean is your iMAC has several identical versions out there running X-Pane 11 with SMP  that do not have this problem. Nor have I ever seen this on my MBP..... 

As far as it only popping up with SMP, best guess would be SMP does something different than the core program that your GPU cant handle due to some sort of defect....

With all that I have been proven wrong before, life is a learning process, but Im really confident this is outside of SMP.....

• 4 weeks later...

hi @JohnMAXX   I downloaded the new 4.7.2 update and for now the graphic issue seems to be gone;  I need to do more flights to test consistency but like I said before, no other application on my iMac had issues, my machine does not have hardware problems.        for the time being, I went back to x-plane default weather.

on a different note-  i am holding off on TerraMax until you guys hopefully find a way to allow ortho compatibility.