How to enter a user waypoint in the G1000

cwjohan

Seems not possible at the present time. One can cycle between MAP, WPT, and NRST by moving the large FMS knob when at the map on the MFD.  However, within WPT one should be able to turn the small FMS knob to select "USER WPT INFORMATION", but the only option is "AIRPORT INFORMATION", and even that doesn't work -- it just shows KLAX and you can't change it.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

in the WPT - Airport information it is not always KLAY displayed. Normally it´s your destination airport.

E.g. this "flightplan"

image.png.303b8960ada7e918b190468988b27574.png

shows that airport info:

image.png.539b194c8a312f8ce8ecc184b689734b.png

and:

If you press the FMS button, and go with the cursor for example to a frequency, press enter, then the frequency is (pre) selected in the COM:

image.thumb.png.3b6b97695c1b6887571c8cee686c8795.png

It is more than "nothing".  But yes, for the fully (100%) functionality of a G1000 we have to wait until LR upgrades the implementation ;)

Edited by Martin_1970
  • Upvote 1

WORKAROUND:  I found that I can create the flight plan with user waypoints in littlenavmap, export them to .fms format, and load them into the G1000.  In littlenavmap, I give each user waypoint a custom name.  When I load the flight plan into the G1000, the custom waypoints look like ordinary waypoints.