Amazing - Utterly Staggering!

xplanecrj

I just had to post this message to say thanks.

I've been a MSFS user since FS4 and upgraded to the latest version - FSX. Purchased it all, PMDG, Carenado, Photoscenery; every considerable add-on before getting fed up due to every aircraft feeling like the previous one. I bought all these add-ons hoping to find that elusive aircraft; the one that I would keep coming back to. But I never found it.

After buying a new 27 i7 imac to get off the upgrade bandwagon for a while, I decided to try X-Plane. I have to say it has taken several weeks to get to where I want it to be, but resisted the urge to download everything I could find. I wanted this to be a little more distinguished, less is more if you know what I mean.

Cue XPFR Society sceneries - very good. Rollon's Mentor - Fantastic. Nil's Yak, Hurricane and chopper - Great. Then I downloaded the Duchess.

This is it: For me it is perfection. Awesome. The most flightsim fun I have had since FS4. Then I got the Sundowner - just as amazing. Staggering model and textures.

I came to X-Plane at exactly the correct time. I believe it has come of age. It has exceeded my expectations and I'm sure it will continue to do so, but only because of developers as talented as you guys. So thanks for restoring my faith in flight simulation and I look forward with anticipation to the Saab and future products.

Staggering.

Andy

I just had to post this message to say thanks.

I've been a MSFS user since FS4 and upgraded to the latest version - FSX. Purchased it all, PMDG, Carenado, Photoscenery; every considerable add-on before getting fed up due to every aircraft feeling like the previous one. I bought all these add-ons hoping to find that elusive aircraft; the one that I would keep coming back to. But I never found it.

After buying a new 27 i7 imac to get off the upgrade bandwagon for a while, I decided to try X-Plane. I have to say it has taken several weeks to get to where I want it to be, but resisted the urge to download everything I could find. I wanted this to be a little more distinguished, less is more if you know what I mean.

Cue XPFR Society sceneries - very good. Rollon's Mentor - Fantastic. Nil's Yak, Hurricane and chopper - Great. Then I downloaded the Duchess.

This is it: For me it is perfection. Awesome. The most flightsim fun I have had since FS4. Then I got the Sundowner - just as amazing. Staggering model and textures.

I came to X-Plane at exactly the correct time. I believe it has come of age. It has exceeded my expectations and I'm sure it will continue to do so, but only because of developers as talented as you guys. So thanks for restoring my faith in flight simulation and I look forward with anticipation to the Saab and future products.

Staggering.

Andy

Hi Andy and welcome to the x plane world. 

Thank you for the encouraging and positive compliments.  Hopefully other FSX users will be as open minded to trying and accepting X Plane as you have been.

It always makes me smile to see people who have switched over to X-Plane and are so enthralled in it! Make sure you check out Leading Edge Sim's upcoming 747 series, that stuff will top PMDG  :)

Welcome to the X-Plane world fellow X-Simmer