Option for no persistence-wear and tear?

pbeau70

I know you guys have your hands full right now and I can only thank you for fixing things up but in the future, would it be possible to have the option not to use the state persistence and the wear and tear? I have to be honest, I am not a big fan of that. I like to be able to stop my flight whenever I want without consequences on my next flight. I know it can be done by re-recreating a new airframe but don't want to do that all the time. Anyways, just a suggestion.

Thank you

I respectfully disagree.  The persistent wear and tear is precisely the feature that separates the TBM900 from all the other aircraft in X-Plane.  By allowing to defeat this, it would create the subconscious safety net allowing one to become complacent about how to treat the real aircraft and its true operating costs.  There are plenty of other models that allow a more "game-like" experience.

My inflation adjusted $0.02 as a RW pilot.

Edited by sqrt(-1)
typo

I also feel that the persistent wear and tear feature of this aircraft has given me an entirely new perspective on the way I think about my simulator time.  While all other aircraft in X-plane allow you to get away with practices that would destroy a real aircraft, the TBM-900 actually requires that you think like a real pilot.  If you don't, you are reminded of the consequences of your sloppy behavior.  I flooded the engine yesterday on my start up... the consequence of moving too fast and not thinking... $148,000 for a new combustor.  Yes, the TBM-900 isn't for simulator pilots that just want to jump in and go... it requires that you think!  To me, that is a welcome challenge.

• Like 3

I understand that some people may want to have such option. 

I also prefer using this more-demanding model, requiring to use it properly. For me it is what I look for in simulation. It let me learn more. it builds deeper immersion etc.

But I also respect people that have different approach to our hobby, they have different expectations. So if such option would be offered, I wouldn't use, but it wouldn't disturb me in any way.

14 hours ago, pbeau70 said:

I know you guys have your hands full right now and I can only thank you for fixing things up but in the future, would it be possible to have the option not to use the state persistence and the wear and tear? I have to be honest, I am not a big fan of that. I like to be able to stop my flight whenever I want without consequences on my next flight. I know it can be done by re-recreating a new airframe but don't want to do that all the time. Anyways, just a suggestion.

Thank you

you bought a study level add on, deal with it xD