Flickering PFD and MFD

minorhd

See the link below for some info on this and a workaround:  one is to delete the state folder and let the TBM 900 code re-create it.  One also could edit the .airframe file in that folder, but the developer would not recommend you do that.  The problems seems to result from a battery going bad.  Try going to the Mainenance Manager | Electrics page and see if you can replace the battery.  That is the easiest option if it will work.  If it blocks you from doing that because "ESS Bus switch not normal", please let me know.  Good luck!

The flickering PFD and MFD is definitely associated with having a low battery level or dead battery plus having the SOURCE switch set to BATT and the GENERATOR switch set to MAIN.  When the GENERATOR switch is moved to OFF, the flickering stops.  If the SOURCE switch is moved from BATT to OFF and the GENERATOR switch is left on MAIN, the flickering persists for 5 seconds or so and then stops.  Whether one can access Maintenance Manager | Electrics to recharge or replace the battery seems somewhat random.  Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't.  Quitting X-Plane and then re-starting it and resuming the previous flight seems often to fix the problem of not being able to access Maintenance Manager | Electrics.

Edited by cwjohan

1 hour ago, mfd529 said:

Any chance you’re using 3 monitors? Just curious. 

Nope.  Just two in my case.  Try dry motoring for several minutes to run your battery down below 24 V.  Then try a battery start with GENERATOR set to MAIN.  See if you see the flickering.  Then try recharging your battery in Maintenance Manager.

Edited by cwjohan