TBM oriented VA

sdflyer

I hope it's OK to post in this section. I'm working on creating VA that at the start will be  exclusively focused on HotStart TBM900 and XP11 with later expansion of similar quality future add ons.

General core concepts:

-  Small, medium commercial GA operation ( no tube liners). TBM900 at the start.

-  Initial hub at  Southern California with later hub expansion anywhere in the world (community driven)

-  ACARS integration 

-  Online (community driven )       

-  Potential integration of rotary wing operation

Operations core concept :

-   Charters : any destination selected by pilot or  based on schedules mimicking real world passenger none scheduled seasonal operations (yes we will be able to fly at any addon airport you ever purchased)

-   Ferry flights: based schedules mimicking real world ferry flights across ocean or land (yes we will have to haul  brand new TBM900 all way from France)

-   Freights:  any destination selected by pilot or  based on schedules mimicking real world freight operations (for example long term contact of mail delivery to Catalina island, night freights end etc)

-   Special missions: based on current real life world events (humanitarian help and etc)

Ranking, qualification concept:

-  Seniority or Ranking levels are achieved either by successfully passing exam or by gaining experience (hours)

- Airports type selection, route difficulties, IFR/VFR, day/night operation depends on pilot seniority/rank (for example high elevation airport, unusual approaches, short runways and etc will demand certain qualifications)

- Currency, idle pilots will require recurrent check flight after prolong inactivity

What  I already have:

- Domain name, hosted website, phpvms deployed, skinned, and partially  customized 

Finally: what I'm I looking for? 

Co-conspirators! Meaning anyone who interested to help/contribute/participate in VA establishment

- route creation/ management

- phpvms customization, ACARS integration  

- any other help with establishing VA

Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

48 minutes ago, marpilot said:

Good.Considering to join you :)

I was thinking for a while to create a VA in Nepal (I love flying there VFR) but it was overwhelming...

Cheers

Initial or primary hub is my home airport at SoCal. Any other hub is up to people who want to put some labor into it  ! In your case you would have to take brand new TBM900 from the factory in France and ferry it all the way to Nepal. Then create a dozen (mimicking) real life routes, so other pilots can enjoy it. Then anything, from newly created hub, up to normal operating range of TBM is free to fly by any pilot assigned to it.

Basically VA model is getting bored?  Switched hubs. Don't find one ? Create it yourself!

Coming back to earth: I have a nill experience in php, and little knowledge of JAVA. I'm getting by using my strong C++/C# background customizing phpvms. However, integrating  smartCARS is another heavy boulder to move. Will see how fast it goes. For now it's only I, me, and myself :) Another person expressed his interest I'm not sure if he will follow through. The rest is assured VA will be done. It's just a matter of my learning curve of  php :)

phpVMS is not what you want to work with for this to be quite honest. Don't want to plug my own system and the fact I am supporting the TBM shared airframe codes (in the next beta update), but VAOS will get you way better. https://github.com/fsvaos/vaos/

FYI. I am a developer with well over 10 years of experience with C# and quite a web development background to boot. Hit me up if you got questions. You're jumping into a rabbit hole.

EDIT: If you're attempting to use phpVMS v7 and smartCARS, TFDi are not supporting it, so you will not get any help there.

EDIT2: Keep making edits. If you're running the older version of phpVMS (v4 or v5.x.x (the David Clarke special edition)), if you decide later to move to a newer VA system, you're going to encounter problems. phpVMS's data is fragmented in a laundry list of ways that makes it a pain for us web devs. NOT fun.

Edited by Bonanza123d

11 hours ago, Bonanza123d said:

phpVMS is not what you want to work with for this to be quite honest. Don't want to plug my own system and the fact I am supporting the TBM shared airframe codes (in the next beta update), but VAOS will get you way better. https://github.com/fsvaos/vaos/

FYI. I am a developer with well over 10 years of experience with C# and quite a web development background to boot. Hit me up if you got questions. You're jumping into a rabbit hole.

EDIT: If you're attempting to use phpVMS v7 and smartCARS, TFDi are not supporting it, so you will not get any help there.

EDIT2: Keep making edits. If you're running the older version of phpVMS (v4 or v5.x.x (the David Clarke special edition)), if you decide later to move to a newer VA system, you're going to encounter problems. phpVMS's data is fragmented in a laundry list of ways that makes it a pain for us web devs. NOT fun.

Good to know, but It's kind a bit late LOL. I'm using phpVMS v5.x.x. as of right now. But as I stated before if someone would like to participate and build from ground up I don't mind to switch to the latest and greatest.

I'm currently  integrating smartCARS but I have issue - I can login but it doesn't show any scheduled routes, bids or let me create new charter flight. I'm suspecting a parsing error when it works with database. But I have no ability to debug smartCARS so I wrote a ticket.

3 hours ago, sdflyer said:

Good to know, but It's kind a bit late LOL. I'm using phpVMS v5.x.x. as of right now. But as I stated before if someone would like to participate and build from ground up I don't mind to switch to the latest and greatest.

I'm currently  integrating smartCARS but I have issue - I can login but it doesn't show any scheduled routes, bids or let me create new charter flight. I'm suspecting a parsing error when it works with database. But I have no ability to debug smartCARS so I wrote a ticket.

No worries. I know what it's like to do a lot of work and then have to throw it out. My worry is that phpVMS doesn't work with php7 and a lot of hosts are dropping php5 support because of security. In addition, if you make it too similar to other VAs, you won't stand out with the noise floor.

Regarding the smartCARS issue, PM me your website URL (more specifically the frame file and I can take a look really quickly).

Seems like smartCARS issue has been solved. I tell you smartCARS do need to implement a lot of service messages to worn user of potential problem!  Since I can't debug smartCARS I discovered and fixed my issue by  a random luck! 

I still will be running  fews test for week or so. Meanwhile, Captain Picard is looking for number one :) Or in case you are not familiar with Star Trek New Gen - I'm looking to hire another co-admin/check-airman who will help with route/hub/exams management. If anyone is interested PM me

5 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

Will there be flight in the UK because i'm going to incest a lot in OrbX true Earth GB + uk airports + UK2000 airport

Initial hub is located at KCRQ which is Southern California.

I'm currently working on VA manual (90% done). Here are some highlights of major points 

http://pacificair-virtual.com/index.php/pages/about  

As of right now I made a rule that upon achieving certain rank pilots can bid to open new hub anywhere in the world.

To do that bidder will need:

1. to create a ferry routes similar to real life (if such route exists) starting from LFBT to  a *new hub location*

2. to add at least 10 routes based on real life charter flights (again if they exists)

However, there is exception for the rules above. If anyone would like to  join staff right now they can create new hub right away and become hub manager.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, marpilot said:

Hi,

how did you manage to make 3 flights and 703 hours? :)

I would love to make a hub somewhere in Europe.

Spain, France, Italy, Croatia or Greece.

Ahh you have sharp eyes! I take a privilege to test -transferring some of my real life hours in single engine airplanes to VA to see if it makes any difference, but I still got paid as Junior First Officer  :)

If you want to join staff now you can start doing it right away. Otherwise, you have to wait until I open VA to public, build some ours, and achieve ability to petition for a new hub

Yes but at the very beginning, I can only fly a 2-4 hours the WE and i don't want to have like minimum flying hours just to be able to create my own hub if it makes sense

Ok If you willing to pay for hosting and smartCARS, maintain the website, customize phpvms, manage databases and etc I will fetch you hub anywhere you want ! Agreed?

Not ready to become a sponsor? Please tell me how else you can contribute to my VA? Because I’m trying to understand why you should be treated differently just because you don’t want to do something you don’t like? Does it make sense?

As I stated before join staff, contribute, and open new hub right away. Or wait until VA opens build hours, get seniority and bid for a new hub! I think it’s pretty straightforward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

I got you alright. But at the moment I’m the only person handling VA business and I don’t have much time either.
So I offers people to join staff now and contribute.

In your case if you would like to open hub in Europe, go ahead join VA staff, create desired hub and dozen routes. It’s literally opportunity for every volunteer right now. And in fact it actually very easy job! But this is limited time offer as of right now

On 11/21/2018 at 8:47 PM, sdflyer said:

I got you alright. But at the moment I’m the only person handling VA business and I don’t have much time either.
So I offers people to join staff now and contribute.

In your case if you would like to open hub in Europe, go ahead join VA staff, create desired hub and dozen routes. It’s literally opportunity for every volunteer right now. And in fact it actually very easy job! But this is limited time offer as of right now

That sound interesting. will have a look

I added two real life  ferry routes from Tarbes–Lourdes–Pyrénées, to Carlsbad, California US. And from Tarbes–Lourdes–Pyrénées France to Sydney Australia. More to come

Join today and fly and build hours  without specific rank while VA in beta mode! Also join staff and build your hub now!

10 hours ago, sdflyer said:

I added two real life  ferry routes from Tarbes–Lourdes–Pyrénées, to Carlsbad, California US. And from Tarbes–Lourdes–Pyrénées France to Sydney Australia. More to come

Join today and fly and build hours  without specific rank while VA in beta mode! Also join staff and build your hub now!

Cool, If I join can I also transfer my real world hours + my LFBT-EGPK leg since I jus flew it lol!

https://youtu.be/8J5dSxlzaSQ

No! Lol I did it as a part of experiment to see how phpvms handle it. Well I still got paid as junior pilot lol So don’t look at them I will delete them from database when I have a chance.

But if you want to be a part of the staff right now you’ll get auto promoted to the level of your responsibilities:) For example “ check airman” (who is above senior captain ) if you want to evaluate flights and exams :)