Visual artifact?

sd_flyer

8 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

11.3 is unsupported because it's a beta.   When it's a release candidate, then things will start getting fixed.

I understand. The whole reason I report is to give you guys a head start. Perhaps you will need to tweak later.

By the way whatever it is it gradually disappears

TBM900_7.png

I wish ice was that easy to spot in the real aircraft [emoji23]

The white layers are ice build up.  We saw it in early alpha's of 11.3.  As the flight progresses, the ice sheds.  But because the shaders have been changed in 11.3, it's having an effect on the ice toto added for 11.26.  It'll be fixed, but not until 11.3 is out of beta.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here is another interesting thing. In addition to "ice artifact"  I got so much ice that de-icing anti-icing systems were unable to handle it. My altitude indicator froze, and my airframe picked up so much rime ice that TBM900 was unable to sustain straight and level flight. Inflatable boots were on all the time but it didn't matter. Do you think this is an issue with icing system in 11.30b2 or actual designed feature like excessive ice?

The de-icing system, in some cases, won't "cure" your icing problem.  It's more intended as a preventative.  So if ice has already accumulated enough, it'll be very hard to get rid of.  But, if you do have problems with altitude readouts, you could pull the alternate static handle, and that'll give you standby functionality.  The handle for the alternate static system is directly under the right seat yoke.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 4:37 PM, Goran_M said:

The de-icing system, in some cases, won't "cure" your icing problem.  It's more intended as a preventative.  So if ice has already accumulated enough, it'll be very hard to get rid of.  But, if you do have problems with altitude readouts, you could pull the alternate static handle, and that'll give you standby functionality.  The handle for the alternate static system is directly under the right seat yoke.

Fir what it worth according to manual flight in known icing condition is authorized (given all de-icing equipment working properly).  So it's more than just emergency icing equipment. I found icing relating crash of TBM. Don't see anyone operating at deep North. Will do more  research!