Blank cockpit issue

Jorge Uvo

Hi guys.

I recorded a quick video showing a bug with IXEG cockpit, after update X-Plane to 11.30b2. Until 2 days ago I was running X-Plane 11.30b1 and IXEG was running fine. I already tested with Flight Factor 777 and 757, also with default C172 and BE9, and all them are working fine on 11.30b2. Finally I reinstalled the IXEG and the issue persistes.

I know that IXEG might say that they doesn't provide support on beta versions, but I am just looking for a workaround, instead of restore my back up of X-Plane in the last stable version.

Is anyone else facing the same issue?

Thanks for the report - I don´t think I saw that with beta 2, but I only tested it very briefly. It MAY be specific to your hardware, but I will doublecheck my installation again (I may not have panned around enough). So far this is the only report about this I heard. But please report it to LR nonetheless!

Thank you, Jan

20 hours ago, Litjan said:

Thanks for the report - I don´t think I saw that with beta 2, but I only tested it very briefly. It MAY be specific to your hardware, but I will doublecheck my installation again (I may not have panned around enough). So far this is the only report about this I heard. But please report it to LR nonetheless!

Thank you, Jan

Thanks Jan.

Anyway, I posted it in the 11.30 beta bug forum at x-plane.org as well for further investigation.

Hi Jack,

the initial complaint was that the rest of the cockpit "disappeared" when looking up or down - not blank screens on the flight displays. Just to clarify, is that what you are seeing as well (look at the video, not only the still picture on the OP´s post)?

If you have blank screens on the flight displays and mcdu it is likely that you have a different problem, either your plugin in not running or you have no electrical power to the aircraft which is probably not due to 11.30.

Cheers, Jan

11 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hello Jorge,

I just verified again in 11.30b2 that I do NOT see the problem of the cockpit disappearing like you do. So it must indeed be something specific to your setup...

Cheers, Jan

it makes sense that could be something with my setup, otherwise we would see many more people with the same issue.

I installed back the X-Plane 11.26, so I can fly with the B733, then I try the 10.30 again when the first Release Candidate version be available.

Thanks for try, anyway, Jan. ;)

I think it is most likely caused by new rendering paths for the shaders - and in your case a conflict with some add-on or plugin (environmental, colour change, etc.) that you use. It will most likely not get better with the full release of 11.30 - so you will have to do some troubleshooting (run with plain vanilla X-Plane and the IXEG, then add stuff back in) or stay with 11.26 for the rest of your life ;).

Cheers, Jan

15 hours ago, Litjan said:

I think it is most likely caused by new rendering paths for the shaders - and in your case a conflict with some add-on or plugin (environmental, colour change, etc.) that you use. It will most likely not get better with the full release of 11.30 - so you will have to do some troubleshooting (run with plain vanilla X-Plane and the IXEG, then add stuff back in) or stay with 11.26 for the rest of your life ;).

Cheers, Jan

Huuum, that's is a good point, Jan. Well, I will wait a more stable version of 11.30 and start to do my tests to figure out the root cause of my issue.