Throttle Taxi Rev setup in joystick

Sims Smith

Just wondering why you want to go between Feather and Taxi. The only time you really need to go on feather is from Flight Idle to Feather (High Idle) twice in the before T/O checklist. However there is no key assignment you can use to go from High Idle to Flight Idle. According to the manual and key binding under TBM 900 in X-Plane, there is only key binding to go from lo idle to high idle (by mapping Mixture Increase/Decrease) and from Flight Idle to Taxi (by mapping reverse thrust)

• 2 years later...

Since this post, a few new hardware came to the market.  Here is how I have my Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant setup to deal with the "h" gear box. The detent in the throttle is used for reverse

I go from left to right with the switches for starting phase and reverse order during shutting down phase.  Currently only utilizing 3 so a lot of room for improvement.

image.thumb.png.c407cc94864899b83e1355a5bd24a461.png

• Like 1

I have setup mine up differently - I use one of the GA throttle levers with the red TOGA button that I configured to act as the lift button to select Taxi and Reverse (by moving the lever back but not as far as as the detent) and I have a Mixture lever that I have set up to perform the 'Mixture Rich a bit' and Mixture lean a bit' (ie the RHS of the H Gate) but I still use the mouse to select Engine Cutoff. There is a Lua script available that apparently can one used to perform the Eco function but I'm waiting on HC to get off their backsides and provide an updated config tool that works.

• Like 1