Flooded engine after instructors tutorial

fireone

When the instructor has finished his demonstration of the engine startup procedure and resets the aircraft so I can then start the engine , an error message appears on the top left of the screen announcing the engine is flooded . It appears immediately after the.reset , I haven't turned any switches on or off , moved the throttle,  etc. I've run the tutorial several times ,, happens every time . There is nothing in the log.txt to explain this , maintenance tab shows only flooded engine. There is a procedure for clearing the flood in the motoring section of the POH , but is there a reason for the flooding ocurring during the tutorial?

Edited by fireone
Punctuation

I'm going to append the latest log.txt to see if anything can be found to sort this flooded engine business.

At the moment the instructor hands the plane over to me and declares that he is resetting the plane the error message appears about the presence of fuel residue but the plane is not fully restored to cold and dark . The ESI for example stays switched on AND more importantly ,the AUXBP  switch is already in the on position instead of being in the off postion .. When the instructor does the startup the AUXBP is off  before engine startup sequence starts.

Question is then,  at the point the instructor resets ,1) what is meant to be on , 2)what is meant to be off  without me having touched any of the controls ?

Just as a matter of interest I've spent upwards of $500K in the maintenance tab as part of the troubleshooting exercise.:o

Log.txt

Edited by fireone
text corrections

Just about to give up on the tutorial , nothing but an engine flooding after handover from the instructor.

1) I've deleted everything TBM related fom the XPlane folder

2) Reinstalled the TBM

3) Custom Scenery is now vanilla XP

4) Unhooked CH products throttle quadrant

5) Haven't unhooked CH joystick yet but will at the next round of troubleshooting.

5.5) the AUXBP is now off at handover.

6) if I let the tutorial run  a) the narration  doesn't pause waiting for me to implement the starting sequence  b) the MFD doesn't switch on but paradoxically I can continue the start up blindly , as if there is nothing wrong . but  I have no idea what the ITT or NG is doing given the MFD is off.

Latest log.txt:

Log.txt

Edited by fireone

I had the same problem resulting in an inability to get NG over ~8.5% at start-up (needs >13% before feeding in fuel).  I re-installed but no change.  The only way I cold reset everything back to the original install was to a) uninstall, and also b) delete contents of ../X-Plane 11/Output/TBM900.

Sq.

On 11/2/2018 at 6:38 PM, fireone said:

Just about to give up on the tutorial , nothing but an engine flooding after handover from the instructor.

1) I've deleted everything TBM related fom the XPlane folder

2) Reinstalled the TBM

3) Custom Scenery is now vanilla XP

4) Unhooked CH products throttle quadrant

5) Haven't unhooked CH joystick yet but will at the next round of troubleshooting.

5.5) the AUXBP is now off at handover.

6) if I let the tutorial run  a) the narration  doesn't pause waiting for me to implement the starting sequence  b) the MFD doesn't switch on but paradoxically I can continue the start up blindly , as if there is nothing wrong . but  I have no idea what the ITT or NG is doing given the MFD is off.

Latest log.txt:

Log.txt

Can you confirm the position of the MANUAL OVERRIDE lever (Red lever just left of the Power lever)

Make sure it's set to FULL AFT.

Goran , the manual overide lever is in the fully backward position . I have the same fuel residue error message at the end of the second "how to use the throttle tutorial"

In both instances Xplane is started afresh with nothing else run before the tutorial. I include two screenshots . 1st is at the point error message appears during tutorial 1,

2nd for the throttle tutorial . This appears after tutorial is completely finished

TBM900_4.png

All that said , the tutorials do provide an excellent resource, I can reset the plane to new condition , so in the scheme of things its a minor event now. It seemed more important to me in the beginning when I knew nothing about the aircraft and had never started a turboprop.

Most current logtxt appended

Log.txt

• 2 weeks later...