[SOLVED] No Plugin Loaded (Linux)

ryancz

Hello,

I started with a fresh X-Plane 11 install and only installed the TBM 900.

I am not seeing the UI, no plugin is shown in the plugin menu, and no click areas react to a click.

I am using kubuntu 18.04

Errors I noticed in the Log.txt file:

dlerror:/home/ryan/Games/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64/lin.xpl: invalid ELF header

2018-11-01 00:43:58 TBM900[shader.c:359]: Cannot load shader /home/ryan/Games/X-Plane 11//Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM-900/plugins/systems/shaders/generic.vert.glsl: compile error: 0:5(12): error: extension `GL_EXT_gpu_shader4' unsupported in vertex shader

Failed: /home/ryan/Games/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM-900/plugins/systems/lin_x64/systems.xpl. (The plugin refused to start by returning 0 from XPluginStart.)

Full Log.txt is attached.

I am not sure what other logs or info may be needed.

Thank you

Log.txt

Edited by skiselkov

6 hours ago, ryancz said:

I do not mean to needlessly continue bumping this thread, as I know it is the weekend and the devs have lives of their own, but I would like to mention that the 1.1.0 update has not fixed anything for me.

I have the most recent log.txt posted below

Your Mesa version appears to be quite old. Tested with Mesa 18.2.2 and the airplane loads without issues. We require at least OpenGL 4.2 compatibility in our shaders for AMD GPUs (your driver only advertises version 3.0). Here is an article that explains how to get Mesa updated: https://www.linuxslaves.com/2018/10/mesa-1822-released-how-to-install-in-ubuntu-1804.html

Should be a simple matter of adding a PPA and running dist-upgrade.