CTD in cruise KBUR-KLAS

cwjohan

In an IFR flight from KBUR to KLAS at 18000 ft (see flight plan below), I got a CTD 49 nm out of KLAS.  About six seconds before the CTD, there was a brief pause.  Then about 3 seconds later another brief pause.  And then the CTD.  These happened while I had the PFD popped up.  I had scanned for alerts and error conditions only moments before this.  All flight parameters were OK. Vertical navigation was enabled, but there were several waypoints that didn't have any altitude constraints entered.  I may have been approaching one of those just before the CTD.  Littlenavmap was running at the same time as X-Plane 11.26r2.  Real weather, SMP 4.6 + RWC.  No ortho at this location, but some Arizona ortho was far over the horizon. Custom Scenery/Arizona_2015_1m/Earth nav data/+30-120/+36-115.dsf (1278282 tris) possibly had just loaded, according to log.txt.  Perhaps 20 minutes before the CTD, I had taken some external snapshots.  The last of those snapshots is included below (VNV had not yet been pressed).  Frame rate just before the pauses and CTD was around 39.

Log.txt

KBURKLAS.fms

TBM900_22.jpg

Edited by cwjohan

Hi,

best a dev will look at this, but since some people end up with this CTD and from what i read its something messing / changing with this

2018-11-01 00:16:37 TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000

So, check your 3rd party plugins to be the cause (maybe)

Loaded: G:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/HangarOps/64/win.xpl (benjaminwhitehead.STMA_HangarOps).

Loaded: G:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/HeadShake/64/win.xpl (com.simcoders.headshake).

Loaded: G:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/Little Xpconnect/64/win.xpl (ABarthel.LittleXpconnect.Connect).

Loaded: G:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/RealWeatherConnector/64/win.xpl (Sundog.MetarBridge).

Loaded: G:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SilverLining/64/win.xpl (SilverLiningV4.Clouds).

Loaded: G:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/TerrainRadar/64/win.xpl (drgluck.plugins.terrain_radar).

SKYMAXX ??

JetNoise

• Like 1

I just had another CTD flying the same KBUR-KLAS route at 18000 most of the way, but VNAV had kicked in and the aircraft had descended to 7000 ft just before waypoint BLD.  The CTD occurred a few miles short of BLD.  So, the aircraft made it considerably closer to KLAS this time compared to the previous time reported above.  I was monitoring CPU, RAM, VRAM, and GPU usage -- nothing out of the ordinary occurred with those around the time of the crash.  However, I did get the same two brief pauses again just before the crash.  The log file doesn't appear to show anything useful.

There was some VNAV misbehavior:  VNAV correctly descended from 18000 ft to 12000 ft where it was supposed to.  However, another descent was supposed to kick in at CRESO to descend from 12000 ft to 7000 ft before reaching waypoint BLD, but it didn't kick in.  I had to use VS to get the aircraft to do the second phase of the descent.  As it should, the aircraft leveled off at 7000 ft even though my altimeter was set to 5000 ft -- so, VNAV was working to some degree.  Shortly after leveling, the CTD occurred.

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

16 hours ago, Xpillo said:

Please check the Windows 10 event viewer and check for errors with Xplane.exe and what error is logged in Applications. Thank you

Got several like this that look identical, but logged at different times, despite same time stamp.

Faulting application name: X-Plane.exe, version: 11.0.26.1, time stamp: 0x5b7cd2a8
Faulting module name: systems.xpl, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bd3c700
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x0000000000988c32
Faulting process id: 0x55ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d471a4b0b5bad7
Faulting application path: G:\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe
Faulting module path: G:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\win_x64\systems.xpl
Report Id: 33376e59-4bfe-49c1-a7e5-e1fb65d053c9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: X-Plane.exe, version: 11.0.26.1, time stamp: 0x5b7cd2a8
Faulting module name: systems.xpl, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bd3c700
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x0000000000988c32
Faulting process id: 0x55ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d471a4b0b5bad7
Faulting application path: G:\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe
Faulting module path: G:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\win_x64\systems.xpl
Report Id: 33376e59-4bfe-49c1-a7e5-e1fb65d053c9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite a few distributed COM errors where it is difficult to determine what service is failing.  For example:

The server {1EF75F33-893B-4E8F-9655-C3D602BA4897} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

UPDATE:  Finally made the entire trip from KBUR Burbank to KLAS Las Vegas successfully in the TBM 900 with no CTD. I did a few things differently:
1.) Did not use vertical navigation
2.) Removed all plugins except TBM, Gizmo, and the standard X-Plane ones.
When trying to activate my approach, I failed to do it in time and overflew the airport, so I had to declare a failed approach and go back to the BLD waypoint and try again. Worked OK the second time. However, this aircraft quite easily goes off the programmed flight path. One has to be ready to use the HDG mode or manual corrections to get back to the current active leg.

You could see in some other posts, these crashe could also appear in a clean x-plane installation.

Try this:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/15091-possible-ctd-workaround/

It reduced the amount of crashes in my case from "nearly every flight" to "maybe 1 of 5 flights".

I would bet the troublemaker is gizmo, but i can´t prove it due to not created logfiles/traces etc. :/