Approach minima

Jakobb

41 minutes ago, BjornMa said:

The manual says: Do not use autopilot in approach under 200 ft (60 m).

but that does not necessary inhibit an approach with minima below 200ft.

29 minutes ago, danhenri said:

You can only select barometric minima in the FMS (no radiometric) : so, I presume (I am not a IFR pilot), only CAT-I  ILS approaches may be authorized. I am not sure that you can select a radio height as you can do in the real Garmin 1000. 

The minima for RNAV or non precision approaches are specified on the charts, depending of the kind of approaches available (LPV, LNAV/VNAV, LNAV + V). For these, you should be able to get a RAIM prediction (i.e. the satellite geometry available by your avionics), but it is not simulated. Min RVR required are given too by the airport charts.

My question was geared more towards which ILS category the TBM can fly as it's the default G1000 thus the normal XP limits are important. 

The no AP below 200ft rule would, at least in theory, allow CAT II ( 100-200 ft minimum and RVR greater than 300). Thanks guys! 

I deleted my message before you answered to it, because I realized your question was indeed about ILS landings. As I wrote here, but perhaps I'm wrong,  the TBM 900 does not have the equipments required for Ils approaches other than Cat I. I read some web documentation  on this matter and the regulations are extremely complicated.

Edited by danhenri
  • Like 1