[SOLVED] State between flights

Adrian Ruiz

Hi there, 

every time I finish a flight I shut down the plane, close the sim, and when I come back the next day I find the airplane state to be the same as I left it. I don’t mean switches what is very cool, but also the engine temperatures. The airplane don’t cool down when simulator is not connected. I understand this is not the way is suppose to be. Any idea?

Thank you so much in advance

Edited by skiselkov
  • Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:04 AM, Adrian Ruiz said:

Hi there, 

every time I finish a flight I shut down the plane, close the sim, and when I come back the next day I find the airplane state to be the same as I left it. I don’t mean switches what is very cool, but also the engine temperatures. The airplane don’t cool down when simulator is not connected. I understand this is not the way is suppose to be. Any idea?

Thank you so much in advance

From my point of view the engine temperature is correct, you can see in the picture the outside ambient temperature  and the engine temperatures.

TBM900_1.jpg

Edited by Xpillo

14 hours ago, Xpillo said:

From my point of view the engine temperature is correct, you can see in the picture the outside ambient temperature  and the engine temperatures.

TBM900_1.jpg

I´m very jealous :P I tried deactivating the remember position at airport option but still, when i fire up x-plane the next day i can still listen the engine doing the "clink clank sounds" that the engine does after shut down and my temps are like i left them. I didn´t experience any other bug o weird thing with the airplane.

However i´m very happy because i know this will be temporally. This developers are amazing!!! And the airplane is everything i was dreaming for and missing in X- plane. 

Really really TOP stuff!

If I turn off the engine correctly, I should restart the engine with a cold start and the temperatures are correct. It indicates the same as the OAT temperature of the exterior of the aircraft, so they are good and realistic. The mode of restarting the plane in the previous state in which I leave the plane at the airport works normally, but has some odd inconvenience ..... :)

You should not hear any engine noise if you turn it off properly before leaving x plane, and the engine temperatures have to be close to the OAT temperature.

Edited by Xpillo

On 10/29/2018 at 12:46 PM, skiselkov said:

I believe we have a fix in the pipeline for this. Should be in your inbox before the week is out.

Can I get the same fix in my inbox too? I haven't flown the TBM in 2 days, just loaded up and the engine is still hot like I left it. Specifically the midframe temp, and the other components touching that are shown to be heating up as I look at the engine temps screen.

13 hours ago, Xpillo said:

If I turn off the engine correctly, I should restart the engine with a cold start and the temperatures are correct. It indicates the same as the OAT temperature of the exterior of the aircraft, so they are good and realistic. The mode of restarting the plane in the previous state in which I leave the plane at the airport works normally, but has some odd inconvenience ..... :)

You should not hear any engine noise if you turn it off properly before leaving x plane, and the engine temperatures have to be close to the OAT temperature.

I know the temps should be close to the OAT, but is not happening in my case. This is why i started the topic in the first place. And trust me i´m shutting down the airplane correctly, as i want to learn about it deeply i´m following the POH.

9 hours ago, N602AC said:

Can I get the same fix in my inbox too? I haven't flown the TBM in 2 days, just loaded up and the engine is still hot like I left it. Specifically the midframe temp, and the other components touching that are shown to be heating up as I look at the engine temps screen.

I believe he means the fix will be included in the next update so it will be in everybody inbox. :)  

13 hours ago, N602AC said:

The fix will be out tomorrow for everybody. You will be notified via an e-mail to your X-Aviation e-mail account, and we'll also put an announcement in our Discord group.

• Like 2

please, just add COLD and DARK function! I also have lots of problems loading aircraft from previous flights, mostly if I had kind of crash etc. It takes ages to load and then strange state situation. I understand idea, but it is sim world, not real one. CTD and crashes because of hardware configuration are sim environment, not real world, so we need possibility to reset such things and not look for solution every flight...

• Upvote 1