Jump to content
strider

CTD

Recommended Posts

i bet this has something to do with this gizmo thing...


I bet it doesn't, and I've got over 100,000 Gizmo installations to make that bet with you on.

X-Plane is a continuously updated app. For all we know it could be related to core code changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Cameron said:

 


I bet it doesn't, and I've got over 100,000 Gizmo installations to make that bet with you on.

X-Plane is a continuously updated app. For all we know it could be related to core code changes.

 

how ? xD
are you simming on 100,000 pcs simultaneously ?

I can only give you that since I installed it my xplane crashes, end of story...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
how ? xD
are you simming on 100,000 pcs simultaneously ?

I can only give you that since I installed it my xplane crashes, end of story...


What do you mean how? We have a lot of customers at X-Aviation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add that I've had this error 5-6 times now (only using this aircraft) and it's always been when I've just "spawned" on the stand. It seems ok for 5 secs then boots me out with the above error.

 

Happens with or without add-ins but no clue as to why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also had this, last night on stream actually which was disappointing.

Hope you guys can get to the bottom of it, let me know if I can be of any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello, the same problem ... "".
Hello Cameron, I have sent a few emails and you have not answered any .... very bad after-sales service
(translated by Google)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Protes said:
Hello, the same problem ... "".
Hello Cameron, I have sent a few emails and you have not answered any .... very bad after-sales service
(translated by Google)
 

Cameron handles activation.  Also, sending more than 1 support ticket repeats the support process.  Essentially, you go back to the back of the line.  If you have TBM issues, post them in this forum, and include a log.txt file
And I think we would also appreciate it if you refrain from using the term "very bad after sales service"
All you have to do is look through these forums to see the kind of after sales service we're providing.

Edited by Goran_M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Cameron handles activation.  Also, sending more than 1 support ticket repeats the support process.  Essentially, you go back to the back of the line.  If you have TBM issues, post them in this forum, and include a log.txt file
And I think we would also appreciate it if you refrain from using the term "very bad after sales service"
All you have to do is look through these forums to see the kind of after sales service we're providing.

Thanks for the quick response, I am sorry that my opinion about the after-sales service has bothered you but I think I have the right to express it after having spent more than $ 220 on their products and not having received any response to my mails-tikets, it is also a frequent complaint in other x-plane forums.
(translated by Google)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I won’t argue the point with you.

Again, can you post your log file?

In this we agree.
I did not keep it, when it crashed again I'll put it
 
Edited by Protes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just updated to x-plane 11.30r3 (Windows). Then, updated TBM900 to V1.1.4.

About 2hrs into flight, again getting the same error. '2019-01-15 15:35:12 TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000'

I previously got this CTD exception handler error numerous times on prior TBM versions, but it was perfectly stable for around the 30hrs of flight time in version 1.1.3. Now with the x-plane update and TBM update, same errors occurring again. Extremely frustrating to say the least.

Has any progress been made to find the cause? It seems not? It seems like updates are just 1 step forwards, 2 steps back.

TBM-error-Log.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 10:04 PM, Protes said:
The same flight, the same plugins, all the same and no crash
 

Log02.txt

TBM900_Log02.txt

 

5 hours ago, Mitchel James said:

Just updated to x-plane 11.30r3 (Windows). Then, updated TBM900 to V1.1.4.

About 2hrs into flight, again getting the same error. '2019-01-15 15:35:12 TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000'

I previously got this CTD exception handler error numerous times on prior TBM versions, but it was perfectly stable for around the 30hrs of flight time in version 1.1.3. Now with the x-plane update and TBM update, same errors occurring again. Extremely frustrating to say the least.

Has any progress been made to find the cause? It seems not? It seems like updates are just 1 step forwards, 2 steps back.

TBM-error-Log.txt

 

I'm seeing a common thing in both of your logs.  You both have quite a lot of errors in your custom scenery folder.  The TBM looks like it's trying to read the navaid data in particular areas, can't read it due to the errors, and then crashing with the resulting error.  By all means, take a look for yourselves.  

To help you diagnose, can either or both of you tell me where the crash occurred, and I will try to duplicate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Goran_M,

Firstly please forgive my ignorance as I don't know the first thing about these logs and lines of computer text - but I can see all the custom scenery errors you are talking about. How can I tell which custom scenery they are referring to? The only actual custom scenery I have personally installed is KSNA and KLGB (and the MisterX Library). I have absolutely no other scenery plugins. (the other custom scenery folders listed near the start of the log are put there by x-plane itself I believe?)

Whilst Ive had probably 6 total CTD since downloading the original version of the TBM900, I don't think a single one of them has been anywhere near my custom scenery of KSNA

Todays CTD occurred with the following entered into the FLPN; depart KROW>BWS>SSO>TFD>GBN>VICKO>BLH>KPSP

I was in cruise at FL280 and around halfway between SSO and TFD, got the CTD.

I have previously done many flights in/around this route - most of mine originate in KSNA and branch out to anywhere from San Francisco area, Utah to New Mexico or West Texas (or the subsequent return trip).

As in my original post, version 1.1.3 of the TBM and 11.26 of x-plane worked for months and many hours without a single hitch with the TBM or any of my other default and extra aircraft, so its strange that the same CTD error that was occurring in prior versions has returned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been reading this thread with interest.  With my system, Xplane updated to 11.30 but I did not do the last TBM update.  Everything works great.  I’ve had maybe 1 CTD the entire time I’ve flown this aircraft which has been a month or two now.  The recent reported issues with the last TBM update is the reason I don’t do updates right a way.  I usually wait until the bugs shake out.

I know all the CTD’s are frustrating because we all really want to fly this great aircraft and I’m sure an answer will be found.  I was wondering if there is a way to change the TBM update to a previous version that is more stable?

Hang in there guys, it is an amazing aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the CTD's I've seen appear to be scenery based.  And they happen because the G1000 is reading the terrain, and if the scenery file is faulty, it crashes.  Sometimes it doesn't have to be faulty.  Scenery can be spread across more than 1 partition, and again, it'll crash.  I've also seen a LOT of airport scenery plug ins tied to the actual scenery, outside of the resources/plugins folder.  The plug ins are in the actual scenery folder.  These can also, very easily, cause CTD's.

So far, on my end, I haven't been able to reproduce a single CTD.  But then again, I have very few plug ins.  We're still investigating.

Unfortunately, there is no way to roll back to a previous version of the TBM.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×