CTD

strider

XP 11 v 11.32r1, TBM900 v 1.14c, Windows 10. Also had this error. Have not completed a full flight since update. I removed all plugins except Gizmo. I have ortho, but does not span a partition.  No AI planes. A few days ago I  posted a XP11 log and TBM900 log in a post on another topic in the HOTSTART support forum, (forgot which one, there are so many because of CTD on 11.32 and 1.14c), due to CTD with different error message at the end of the logs. Today, I have attached a TBM log with two different flight crashes from flights yesterday and today. Different exception codes. The Log.txt is just today. I have used several of my other payware aircraft recently and yours is the ONLY one having these issues. Kinda seems to narrow it down.

Just FYI, as you told another customer to do, I posted the logs I referenced above that were posted in a different topic from a couple days ago in a support post to LR yesterday and following is the reply. You guys need to talk. I have ran out of things to try to fix this issue. If others have fixed this, please post the solution. I do not seem to be the only one having problems.

Hello there!

We have been in direct contact with this aircraft developer and understand that he is working on a fix for this. Please contact them directly. If they are still expecting a fix from Laminar, we are not aware of it at this time.

--
Jennifer Roberts

TBM900_Log.txt

Log.txt

The exception handler issue is something Saso is looking into.  He thought he nailed it in this last update, but evidently he hasn't.  But it looks like there are fewer cases of it.
Apologies that this is happening to you, but hopefully we'll have some kind of a fix to this very soon.  It DOES happen, but it is actually not that common now when compared to how many people have the TBM.

I flew several flights totaling a little more than 5 hours over the last two days and had my first CTD in that time. I did have my normal plugins loaded but decided to present this info because it looked like it had some good data in the backtrace.

2019-02-24 20:20:36 TBM900[except.c:171]: Caught EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Backtrace is:
0 00007FFA7D30BDD0 C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll+ebdd0 ()
1 00007FFA80913167 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+a3167 ()
2 00007FFA808FB5E6 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+8b5e6 ()
3 00007FFA8090F7DD C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+9f7dd ()
4 00007FFA8087D856 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+d856 ()
5 00007FFA8090E70E C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+9e70e ()
6 0000000065A84946 C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_edcffbdd101bbe5b\nvoglv64.dll+754946 ()
7 0000000065A849E4 C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_edcffbdd101bbe5b\nvoglv64.dll+7549e4 ()
8 0000000065A43A3F C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_edcffbdd101bbe5b\nvoglv64.dll+713a3f ()
9 00000000800FD7CB C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\win_x64\systems.xpl+10d7cb (draw_bufs+16b)
10 00000000800FDFFE C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\win_x64\systems.xpl+10dffe (draw_terrain+77e)
11 000000008010B1F0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\win_x64\systems.xpl+11b1f0 (libsvs_render+24e0)
12 00000000800BD3D2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\win_x64\systems.xpl+cd3d2 (tablet_render+a2)
13 000000008002ECAB C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\win_x64\systems.xpl+3ecab (draw_cb+74b)
14 00007FFA6B184FE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\XPLM_64.dll+4fe4 ()
15 00007FFA6B186039 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\XPLM_64.dll+6039 ()
16 00007FF61239BB5E C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+a1bb5e ()
17 00007FF6122EDBB5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+96dbb5 ()
18 00007FF6122B30E3 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+9330e3 ()
19 00007FF6122B3704 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+933704 ()
20 00007FF6123CF373 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+a4f373 ()
21 00007FF611A58A92 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+d8a92 ()
22 00007FF611DDADEA C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+45adea ()
23 00007FF6126481F7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+cc81f7 ()
24 00007FF611A5BB1C C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+dbb1c ()
25 00007FF6128673A7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+ee73a7 ()
26 00007FFA7EAB3DC4 C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL+13dc4 ()
27 00007FFA808E3691 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+73691 ()

That's a weird one.  It doesn't really show a crash.  It shows X-Plane stopping in the middle of a chart download.  Can you try downloading the same chart, and see if it happens again.  

If it does happen again, can you remove all plugins, except Gizmo, and repeat, and, as before, see if it crashes...then post back with any findings.

37 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

That's a weird one.  It doesn't really show a crash.  It shows X-Plane stopping in the middle of a chart download.  Can you try downloading the same chart, and see if it happens again.  

If it does happen again, can you remove all plugins, except Gizmo, and repeat, and, as before, see if it crashes...then post back with any findings.

I dont downloading anything !

from my logtext :

019-02-24 22:27:32 TBM900[odb.c:484]: Downloading new obstacle data from "https://aeronav.faa.gov/Obst_Data/DAILY_DOF_CSV.ZIP" for region "US"

best regards

More crashes recently. I cant pinpoint anything specific I'm doing when they occur. Each CTD is just randomly whilst in cruise, not touching anything, not playing with the Garmin etc.

I was starting to think it was something to do with approaches / arrivals being loaded into the Garmin (after a prior post from Goran re the Garmin possibly causing issues with scenery errors loading into it) and crashes we were getting in the previous TBM version, but on my latest flight, I purposely had not added my destination airport to my flightplan, nor had I selected an airport as a waypoint. No procedures etc were loaded in at all, it was simply VORs.

This latest CTD, departed KSNA, passed PDZ VOR, passed DAG VOR, then enroute on around a 340 degree course up to KTPH at FL280, about 30 min away from reaching KTPH when I got the sudden CTD. Hadnt touched the screen or aircraft, or changed a view or anything in about 3-4 minutes.

Log is attached.

Re plugins, Im virtually running no plugins at all. Im not getting any CTD with any default or custom purchased aircraft at all, except for in the TBM. 

Of note, I probably went around 4-5 hours without a CTD in the TMB prior to this flight, all flying very similar areas (KSNA up to KOAK and around california and Nevada border on others)

TBMLog_27feb.txt

1 hour ago, Mitchel James said:

More crashes recently. I cant pinpoint anything specific I'm doing when they occur. Each CTD is just randomly whilst in cruise, not touching anything, not playing with the Garmin etc.

I was starting to think it was something to do with approaches / arrivals being loaded into the Garmin (after a prior post from Goran re the Garmin possibly causing issues with scenery errors loading into it) and crashes we were getting in the previous TBM version, but on my latest flight, I purposely had not added my destination airport to my flightplan, nor had I selected an airport as a waypoint. No procedures etc were loaded in at all, it was simply VORs.

This latest CTD, departed KSNA, passed PDZ VOR, passed DAG VOR, then enroute on around a 340 degree course up to KTPH at FL280, about 30 min away from reaching KTPH when I got the sudden CTD. Hadnt touched the screen or aircraft, or changed a view or anything in about 3-4 minutes.

Log is attached.

Re plugins, Im virtually running no plugins at all. Im not getting any CTD with any default or custom purchased aircraft at all, except for in the TBM. 

Of note, I probably went around 4-5 hours without a CTD in the TMB prior to this flight, all flying very similar areas (KSNA up to KOAK and around california and Nevada border on others)

TBMLog_27feb.txt

Exception handler error. Saso is currently trying to pinpoint what's causing it.  They were a lot more frequent in earlier versions, but still, in this current build, some users are experiencing them.  

• 4 weeks later...

With the latest TBM update, (1.1.7), I now cannot even load a flight on x-plane.

After configuring a flight, and x-plane is loading, I see the: Loading Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM-900/TBM900.acf. appear on the bottom left loading bar, then after about 5 seconds, x-plane stops responding until I get a crash or I have to manually use CTRL+ALT+DEL to end the program......

Only happens with the TBM, no other aircraft.

Has this been reported? I haver attached my Log file, I assume it shows enough as I am technically closing x-plane as I have a full Windows freeze.

With all due respect, this is starting to get ridiculous. A $70 aircraft should not have so many problems on every single version. I have 10+ purchased planes from other developers, and I don't recall a single CTD, freeze, error or similar with any of them. This TBM (again the most expensive one I have purchased by over $40), has crashed on me in excess of 20 times in, from memory, about 60 hours of flying time.

LogTBMerror_again.txt

1 hour ago, Mitchel James said:

With the latest TBM update, (1.1.7), I now cannot even load a flight on x-plane.

After configuring a flight, and x-plane is loading, I see the: Loading Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM-900/TBM900.acf. appear on the bottom left loading bar, then after about 5 seconds, x-plane stops responding until I get a crash or I have to manually use CTRL+ALT+DEL to end the program......

Only happens with the TBM, no other aircraft.

Has this been reported? I haver attached my Log file, I assume it shows enough as I am technically closing x-plane as I have a full Windows freeze.

With all due respect, this is starting to get ridiculous. A $70 aircraft should not have so many problems on every single version. I have 10+ purchased planes from other developers, and I don't recall a single CTD, freeze, error or similar with any of them. This TBM (again the most expensive one I have purchased by over $40), has crashed on me in excess of 20 times in, from memory, about 60 hours of flying time.

LogTBMerror_again.txt

Your graphics card drivers are very out of date.  Current drivers are 419.35, and you're running 388.13.  This TBM update takes advantage of new features in the current drivers.

I agree, constant problems are a nuisance, but if your graphics card drivers are not up to date, that's not something we can help with, other than to advise you to update them.

Just a small edit.  Comparing the TBM to other add ons is not something someone can do easily.  The TBM is, in my opinion, more advanced than most, if not all add ons in the community.  It is pushing the X-Plane API to it's limits, and conflicts can arise with other plugins, corrupt ortho scenery tiles (by way of terrain radar), AI traffic, weather, old drivers, etc...
Add ons are designed to run on a bare installation of X-Plane.  If problems arise, we try to fix them, if we can, on our end.  If we can't, we ask the devs of the conflicting add on to see if they can fix it on their end.

Edited by Goran_M

• 2 months later...

Hermann just so you know for future reference, X-plane has a nasty habit of not actually quitting properly after a crash, if you get another crash open task manager and have a look for x-plane running, its quite likely it still is running and this would be why you had problems trying to reinstall the TBM.

8 hours ago, miFFhoe said:

So i just had my second CTD  with the TBM. I was going through the checklist and pressed CHECK to move on to the next item when it crashed.

Here's my log files!

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

We can't offer support for the TBM when it's being used in a beta of X-Plane.  Can you revert back to a stable version (11.34) or wait for the next stable version (11.35).

On 6/22/2019 at 3:34 AM, Goran_M said:

Yours is different.  IN your case, try removing flywithlua and reload.  If the crashes stop, go through flywithlua and make sure it isn't doing anything to the systems of the TBM.

Hello again!

I did it with no flywithlua addon and still doing it.

Here is another log file.

Log.txt