CTD

strider

33 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I bet it doesn't, and I've got over 100,000 Gizmo installations to make that bet with you on.

X-Plane is a continuously updated app. For all we know it could be related to core code changes.

how ? xD
are you simming on 100,000 pcs simultaneously ?

I can only give you that since I installed it my xplane crashes, end of story...

1 hour ago, Protes said:
Hello, the same problem ... "".
Hello Cameron, I have sent a few emails and you have not answered any .... very bad after-sales service
(translated by Google)

Cameron handles activation.  Also, sending more than 1 support ticket repeats the support process.  Essentially, you go back to the back of the line.  If you have TBM issues, post them in this forum, and include a log.txt file
And I think we would also appreciate it if you refrain from using the term "very bad after sales service"
All you have to do is look through these forums to see the kind of after sales service we're providing.

Edited by Goran_M

3 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Cameron handles activation.  Also, sending more than 1 support ticket repeats the support process.  Essentially, you go back to the back of the line.  If you have TBM issues, post them in this forum, and include a log.txt file
And I think we would also appreciate it if you refrain from using the term "very bad after sales service"
All you have to do is look through these forums to see the kind of after sales service we're providing.

Thanks for the quick response, I am sorry that my opinion about the after-sales service has bothered you but I think I have the right to express it after having spent more than $ 220 on their products and not having received any response to my mails-tikets, it is also a frequent complaint in other x-plane forums.
(translated by Google)

• 2 weeks later...

Just updated to x-plane 11.30r3 (Windows). Then, updated TBM900 to V1.1.4.

About 2hrs into flight, again getting the same error. '2019-01-15 15:35:12 TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000'

I previously got this CTD exception handler error numerous times on prior TBM versions, but it was perfectly stable for around the 30hrs of flight time in version 1.1.3. Now with the x-plane update and TBM update, same errors occurring again. Extremely frustrating to say the least.

Has any progress been made to find the cause? It seems not? It seems like updates are just 1 step forwards, 2 steps back.

TBM-error-Log.txt

On 1/5/2019 at 10:04 PM, Protes said:
The same flight, the same plugins, all the same and no crash

Log02.txt

TBM900_Log02.txt

5 hours ago, Mitchel James said:

Just updated to x-plane 11.30r3 (Windows). Then, updated TBM900 to V1.1.4.

About 2hrs into flight, again getting the same error. '2019-01-15 15:35:12 TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000'

I previously got this CTD exception handler error numerous times on prior TBM versions, but it was perfectly stable for around the 30hrs of flight time in version 1.1.3. Now with the x-plane update and TBM update, same errors occurring again. Extremely frustrating to say the least.

Has any progress been made to find the cause? It seems not? It seems like updates are just 1 step forwards, 2 steps back.

TBM-error-Log.txt

I'm seeing a common thing in both of your logs.  You both have quite a lot of errors in your custom scenery folder.  The TBM looks like it's trying to read the navaid data in particular areas, can't read it due to the errors, and then crashing with the resulting error.  By all means, take a look for yourselves.  

To help you diagnose, can either or both of you tell me where the crash occurred, and I will try to duplicate.

Hi @Goran_M,

Firstly please forgive my ignorance as I don't know the first thing about these logs and lines of computer text - but I can see all the custom scenery errors you are talking about. How can I tell which custom scenery they are referring to? The only actual custom scenery I have personally installed is KSNA and KLGB (and the MisterX Library). I have absolutely no other scenery plugins. (the other custom scenery folders listed near the start of the log are put there by x-plane itself I believe?)

Whilst Ive had probably 6 total CTD since downloading the original version of the TBM900, I don't think a single one of them has been anywhere near my custom scenery of KSNA

Todays CTD occurred with the following entered into the FLPN; depart KROW>BWS>SSO>TFD>GBN>VICKO>BLH>KPSP

I was in cruise at FL280 and around halfway between SSO and TFD, got the CTD.

I have previously done many flights in/around this route - most of mine originate in KSNA and branch out to anywhere from San Francisco area, Utah to New Mexico or West Texas (or the subsequent return trip).

As in my original post, version 1.1.3 of the TBM and 11.26 of x-plane worked for months and many hours without a single hitch with the TBM or any of my other default and extra aircraft, so its strange that the same CTD error that was occurring in prior versions has returned?

I’ve been reading this thread with interest.  With my system, Xplane updated to 11.30 but I did not do the last TBM update.  Everything works great.  I’ve had maybe 1 CTD the entire time I’ve flown this aircraft which has been a month or two now.  The recent reported issues with the last TBM update is the reason I don’t do updates right a way.  I usually wait until the bugs shake out.

I know all the CTD’s are frustrating because we all really want to fly this great aircraft and I’m sure an answer will be found.  I was wondering if there is a way to change the TBM update to a previous version that is more stable?

Hang in there guys, it is an amazing aircraft.

Most of the CTD's I've seen appear to be scenery based.  And they happen because the G1000 is reading the terrain, and if the scenery file is faulty, it crashes.  Sometimes it doesn't have to be faulty.  Scenery can be spread across more than 1 partition, and again, it'll crash.  I've also seen a LOT of airport scenery plug ins tied to the actual scenery, outside of the resources/plugins folder.  The plug ins are in the actual scenery folder.  These can also, very easily, cause CTD's.

So far, on my end, I haven't been able to reproduce a single CTD.  But then again, I have very few plug ins.  We're still investigating.

Unfortunately, there is no way to roll back to a previous version of the TBM.  

• 5 weeks later...

I have had this "Something reinstalled our exception handler" twice now.

First time was a few minutes after starting up, taxiing.
Second time (log attached) was halfway through a 3h flight, cruising on AP,  not doing anything in particular :-(

Am flying with a parachute lately, was able to reach ground alive.

11.32 and 1.1.4c

Log.txt

5 hours ago, xpst said:

I have had this "Something reinstalled our exception handler" twice now.

First time was a few minutes after starting up, taxiing.
Second time (log attached) was halfway through a 3h flight, cruising on AP,  not doing anything in particular :-(

Am flying with a parachute lately, was able to reach ground alive.

11.32 and 1.1.4c

Log.txt

Saso is looking into this, but I've seen posts from people who say if you have AI, to get rid of it and that CTD no longer happens.  I cannot verify this, though.  

Hi,

I have this CTD for the very first time tonight! flying this bird since months and all a sudden a CTD???

same here:

2019-02-17 01:54:31 TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000

After waiting for the new update, I've planned to make a world tour tomorrow and I think I'll postponed it cuz I'm worried after reading this thread, it looks like there any solid solution to solve this issue, isn't it?

Edited by LKN

Hi Goran,

FYI, as you suggested on Saturday, I removed all AI planes to see if that helps.

Unfortunately, I just had the "TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000" again, a few instants after powering up.

I only have one add-on plugin : XPUIPC/XPWideClient.