Throttle Click Spot Issue

cameronmd80

Hello,

I have not seen this addressed as yet, but lately I have been having issues dragging my throttle From the throttle range into the feather range. There is no issue taking it out of of the feather range and the clickspot even shows when attempting to move it into the feather range, But it only allows me push the throttle forward. I have to spend several minutes angling myself just right to make it work.

This was redesigned to allow the throttle to be used using only the mouse even in the normal thrust range. The reason for this is usability with VR controllers. VR users have been requesting controller-only support, so this was a compromise with them. The throttle is now split into two halves, the left half moves the throttle in the thrust range and the right half can be used to move it back into feather. Whenever in doubt or when you're having trouble identify where a clickspot is located, you can always just make the clickspots visible by selecting View > Show Instrument Click Regions from the simulator menu:

TBM900_5.thumb.png.df2f84a6ba936a4e2d6e07bc2deaac36.png

On 10/28/2018 at 11:23 AM, J@nek said:

Yes I notice the same since 1.08. Try the lower right area from the throttle lever it should work. Before 1.08 it was much better to catch the right point on the lever.

Regards J@nek

On 10/28/2018 at 11:23 AM, J@nek said:

Yes I notice the same since 1.08. Try the lower right area from the throttle lever it should work. Before 1.08 it was much better to catch the right point on the lever.

Regards J@nek

I have not bought the plane yet as I have a question about the “button” that allows you to go to idle mode and reverse. Has this now changed with 1.08? If not, what X-Plane command do you map to a joystick or can you use a key command. Also, on the parking brake release, can you use the “V” or “B” key or again do you need to map an X-Plane command mapped to a joystick and if so what is the proper command. Thanks for your help. Wanting to have it just trying to solve potential problems before purchase. 

• 1 month later...

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread, throttle control has been a major source of frustration.  I can now control the throttle much better on the ground. Now I recognise  the audible click, can move the Saitek X52 throttle forward to capture the graphic, and then back to the stop but i wont then jet me move it backwards into the feather/reverse range.

I may be missing the 'lockout'? Is there a click-spot to release that? 

Thanks in advance!

I just bought the plane and even flown it from a to z however cannot assign any keyboard or joystick command to move the throttle from power to feather/condition side. Instructions came with the plane are all for Xplane 10. We are in 11 now. What gives. I am not in any hurry to move to dorktual reality mode yet. Thanks for your wisdom in adbance

igor

Edited by sigor

3 hours ago, sigor said:

I just bought the plane and even flown it from a to z however cannot assign any keyboard or joystick command to move the throttle from power to feather/condition side. Instructions came with the plane are all for Xplane 10. We are in 11 now. What gives. I am not in any hurry to move to dorktual reality mode yet. Thanks for your wisdom in adbance

igor

I think you're confusing our TBM 900 with the Carenado TBM 850.  The TBM 900 was only made for X-Plane 11

From the quick start manual which came with the plane:

To move the throttle in this mode use the mouse, or use the following X-Plane command actions (bindable to a key or joystick button):

sim/engines/mixture_up (aka “Mixture rich a bit”)

sim/engines/mixture_down (aka “Mixture lean a bit")

Don't know why you think the instructions are for xplane 10. The plane didn't exist back then. 

Edited by RobW05

4 hours ago, sigor said:

I don't have Carenado plane; there is nothing to be confused with. How about substantive answer to simple question; is there are assignable (working) command for moving from flight mode to condition side? Mouse use is pain in the butt .... 

Your question was not simple.  You said the instructions were for the XP10 version of the TBM.  We never made it for XP10. 

6 hours ago, RobW05 said:

From the quick start manual which came with the plane:

To move the throttle in this mode use the mouse, or use the following X-Plane command actions (bindable to a key or joystick button):

sim/engines/mixture_up (aka “Mixture rich a bit”)

sim/engines/mixture_down (aka “Mixture lean a bit")

Don't know why you think the instructions are for xplane 10. The plane didn't exist back then. 

The instructions look like instructions for Xplane 10;  the font, the color etc. As for your quote i tried to bind those commands to buttons on my joystick but it does not do anything.  I use throttle quadrant from logitech and it does everything pretty much but the conditions features. Only the mouse can move it. is there are work around it? the airplane is the best in the x11 world otherwise. 

Igor 

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Your question was not simple.  You said the instructions were for the XP10 version of the TBM.  We never made it for XP10. 

Sorry i assumed documentation came from Xplane 10 manual; the font and the color in some instructional windows looked like it could have been Laminar Xplane 10 product. My bad.

I guess the answer to my question is no; no way  to move the lever to condition side without a mouse? It is ok; the airplane still the best out there.

Another questions is; the instructions are a bit unclear on page  36-37 of start up procedures: The Warning sign says "after introducing the fuel never abort using abort position on the starter switch..." and below on the same page and the next one it says "... if starter and ignition messages are not extinguished .... disconnect the starter by switching to the Abort position." One of the statements is not right then? 

exact quote from pages 36-37 below:

" WARNING! After introducing fuel, NEVER abort a start using the ABORT position on the STARTER switch. Doing so can severely damage the engine if fuel combustion has started, or lead to a tailpipe fire on a subsequent start if fuel vapors have accumulated in the engine.

Having gotten the engine up into the low idle state, we can proceed to complete the starting procedure by preparing the aircraft for taxi:

1. Having reached 52% NG, verify that the STARTER and IGNITION messages are extinguished. If not, manually disconnect the starter by momentarily moving the STARTER
switch to the ABORT position."

Thanks,

igor

There are 2 different scenarios.  Normal engine start and abnormal engine start (where you get the warnings)

In a normal start up, you should never trip the abort switch.  If you want to stop the engine in a normal engine start, let the engine start, and then to stop the engine, pull the Power Lever back to fuel cut off.  

The engine start abort switch is only used for emergency/abnormal situations during engine start.  Example, when the covers and prop ties are accidentally left on the props.

• 5 weeks later...

So reading through this thread I thought it would solve my problem, but I'm not sure it does. I am looking to map keystroke(s) to adjust the thrust while in taxi mode so one can taxi at a reasonable speed. I have the click button mapped but what is the command to map to actuate the throttle movement/travel down into the taxi mode?

8 hours ago, Sinny_Fly said:

So reading through this thread I thought it would solve my problem, but I'm not sure it does. I am looking to map keystroke(s) to adjust the thrust while in taxi mode so one can taxi at a reasonable speed. I have the click button mapped but what is the command to map to actuate the throttle movement/travel down into the taxi mode?

I mapped a button that engages the reverse thrust... which has the effect of as if you pulled the throttle over the detente so you can do the taxi (ground fine on some aircraft like the B200).

Basically, you need to bring the throttle to flight idle... then you "toggle' the reverser..  (x plane command is "toggle thrust reversers")... once toggled... if you pull back on your throttle at that point... it will move from flight idle... through taxi (1200 to 1350 or so RPM)... and then reverse and then max reverse.  If you toggle the reverse when your throttle is all the way retarded, you'll go max reverse. If you toggle it with your throttle just below flight idle... you'll be in that "ground fine" type mode...  ideally... taxi speed is about 1250-1300 RPM... you'll want to feel it a bit... but you want the props essentially JUST before they go reverse... unless there's headwinds or something while taxing... in which case... increasing the pitch by moving from just before reverse to flight idle.... will create more torque and you'll go faster... 

Make sense?