Very unstable aircraft?

divinglyc

Something similar happens to me when I fly with the autopilot, but the movement is only pitching up and down and sometimes when I disconnect the AP to fly in manual, there is a strong pitching that can turn the engine off, I think for not getting fuel by the sudden movement.

I will try to make a short video to show what I'm talking about.

13 hours ago, Celis said:

Don't know if it has something to do with it, but I think that you have both tanks open. not sure.

Haha!:lol: Thanks for reminding me.. I didn't even notice that. 

However, it's not the reason...

I have made another test flight which I am 100% sure that the fuel tank is closed tight. The result is disappointing. It's all the same.....

I really have no idea now....

I'm having this problem too. I'm running xEnviro 1.09(not sure if it's affecting the flight model or not). It's really strange it seems to be pretty random. It'll fly okay when it's straight and level but when turning and climbing/descending it bounces around like crazy. And once it's leveled out and normal it still takes a while to to calm down. Okay well now it's flying level and it's still bouncing around like a maniac so not really sure :/

22 minutes ago, MrLunarFish said:

I'm having this problem too. I'm running xEnviro 1.09(not sure if it's affecting the flight model or not). It's really strange it seems to be pretty random. It'll fly okay when it's straight and level but when turning and climbing/descending it bounces around like crazy. And once it's leveled out and normal it still takes a while to to calm down. Okay well now it's flying level and it's still bouncing around like a maniac so not really sure :/

I also use xEnviro (v1.07) and it works fine. You have to keep in mind that in xEnviro they model cloud turbulence and also clean air turbulence - you can meet those from time to time. I think there is a slider in the options that alows you to dial it down if you find it too strong. But anyway, for me the plane fly fine and I don't experice these issues at all. As someone pointed out it would be best to start testing by having a clean default unmoded Xplane install with only the TBM and see if the problem goes away. If not then it's something wrong with your setup.

25 minutes ago, lanmancz said:

I also use xEnviro (v1.07) and it works fine. You have to keep in mind that in xEnviro they model cloud turbulence and also clean air turbulence - you can meet those from time to time. I think there is a slider in the options that alows you to dial it down if you find it too strong. But anyway, for me the plane fly fine and I don't experice these issues at all. As someone pointed out it would be best to start testing by having a clean default unmoded Xplane install with only the TBM and see if the problem goes away. If not then it's something wrong with your setup.

Yeah. Right now I'm trying a fresh install of the tbm 900 with no plugins folder. If that gives the same results I'll reinstall X-plane. Uninstalling is frustrating because X-Plane is so big! And 'straya's slow download speeds + low harddrive space is a nightmare.

Anyone have settings I could try 

EDIT/UPDATE: Tried with no plugins except for TBM(not a fresh install). Set weather to CAVOK. Aircraft flies beautifully. Now to reinstall each plugin to find out what it might've been.

Edited by MrLunarFish

1 hour ago, RobW05 said:

I deinstalled xenviro 1.09 for this reason weeks ago, as soon as winds are reported variable, even just slight wind, the turbulence goes crazy and the slider does literally nothing. (bug in 1.09) 

This could be the issue. I would've thought the slider did something but apparently not. I'm going to try and reinstall 1.07.

I have just done a fresh reinstall XP11.25 on my PC with TBM 900. No any other add-ons.

It turned out to be perfect! 

So now here comes the question.. which add-on is the suspect? I guess it is xEnviro(1.09). However, I have disabled it with add-on manager, but it's still the same.

Is "Disable" not enough? I have to uninstall it?

When you're running these kinds of tests, it's recommended to completely remove the plugin folders, then replace them 1 at a time.  When you remove them, put them on your desktop or some other folder completely outside of X-Plane.  Disabling them doesn't prevent them from loading when you start X-Plane.

Strange thing is... my original XP is now normal without me doing anything different.. 

I just did a fresh reinstall of XP11.25 at another disk and only with TBM as an add-on. The test flight was normal.

So then I switched back to my previous XP in another disk. I didn't uninstall anything, and xEnviro was activated.

Then, I don't know why, the TBM 900 is completely normal without and swing! And I finally made my first successful flight from NZQN to NZNV.:)

What was going on??:blink:

44 minutes ago, divinglyc said:

So then I switched back to my previous XP in another disk. I didn't uninstall anything, and xEnviro was activated.

Then, I don't know why, the TBM 900 is completely normal without and swing! And I finally made my first successful flight from NZQN to NZNV.:)

What was going on??:blink:

If it is of any help for you, I have experienced the same. I slowly found out that xenviro does weird things when it thinks turbulence is to be expected, so you will still be able to complete some flights without issues. I was not able to track that down to a root cause until i finally decided to deinstall xenviro and wait for them to fix in a future version. I can only say that everytime METAR reported variable winds I had a hard time taking off or landing without a crash. I also experienced that behavior mostly in Europe, not in the US. It seems to be more likely to encounter METARs reporting variable winds in Europe than in the US, however. 

For me the problem is completely gone since I'm flying default weather. 

Edit: Forgot to mention, last time I had this problem I just deactivated enviro via the plugin menu and as soon as the default weather kicked in, the problem was gone. Would recommend you try that out. 

Edited by RobW05

9 hours ago, MrLunarFish said:

Yeah. Right now I'm trying a fresh install of the tbm 900 with no plugins folder. If that gives the same results I'll reinstall X-plane. Uninstalling is frustrating because X-Plane is so big! And 'straya's slow download speeds + low harddrive space is a nightmare.

Anyone have settings I could try 

EDIT/UPDATE: Tried with no plugins except for TBM(not a fresh install). Set weather to CAVOK. Aircraft flies beautifully. Now to reinstall each plugin to find out what it might've been.

Hard drives are cheap now! And you don't need to install the whole world! I usually end up installing a fresh copy of XP when there is a new version XP because there always seems to be add-on conflict that causes low fps or other weird anomalies. 

11 hours ago, RobW05 said:

If it is of any help for you, I have experienced the same. I slowly found out that xenviro does weird things when it thinks turbulence is to be expected, so you will still be able to complete some flights without issues. I was not able to track that down to a root cause until i finally decided to deinstall xenviro and wait for them to fix in a future version. I can only say that everytime METAR reported variable winds I had a hard time taking off or landing without a crash. I also experienced that behavior mostly in Europe, not in the US. It seems to be more likely to encounter METARs reporting variable winds in Europe than in the US, however. 

For me the problem is completely gone since I'm flying default weather. 

Edit: Forgot to mention, last time I had this problem I just deactivated enviro via the plugin menu and as soon as the default weather kicked in, the problem was gone. Would recommend you try that out. 

Thank you so much.. I have tried to deactivate it but it was the same.. or I have to wait sometime after I deactivate it?

3 hours ago, divinglyc said:

. I have tried to deactivate it but it was the same.. or I have to wait sometime after I deactivate it?

It should be gone almost immediately. Turn xenviro off via the xenviro menu (not the plugin manager), then to be sure default weather comes in go to the xplane flight menu and set some default weather. Best is to set it to use real world weather and wait for the download to be completed. Apply changes and go back to your flight. You should notice the weather will be redrawn and problem should be fixed. If not, well then it's probably not xenviro in your case. 

2 hours ago, RobW05 said:

It should be gone almost immediately. Turn xenviro off via the xenviro menu (not the plugin manager), then to be sure default weather comes in go to the xplane flight menu and set some default weather. Best is to set it to use real world weather and wait for the download to be completed. Apply changes and go back to your flight. You should notice the weather will be redrawn and problem should be fixed. If not, well then it's probably not xenviro in your case. 

Thanks a lot! I will try the default weather...

update.

I finally figure out what was going on. I think it was xEnviro's setting. For the past 2 days, my aircraft became so stable because I didn't get the weather engine data from their server due to some issue. Yesterday, I mailed to their support team and they updated my ID-issue then I can get the weather data(so there are clouds now). Since then, the swing issue happened again.

Then I go to the xEnviro setting and adjust the Max turbulence% to less then 10 even 0, things got much better now.

Just providing some info. for those who want to have xEnviro activated but don't want the too sensitive turbulence effect on this TBM 900.