Very unstable aircraft?

divinglyc

Hi!

I like the depth of this aircraft very much. 

However, I have difficulty flying it because it gets very very unstable in the air. It swings left and right even in 6 kts wind. Even under control by AP, it is still very unstable.

Moreover, I have crashed twice directly from thousands of elevation to the ground for unknown reason( my airspeed was about 230 kts when I began to fall into the ground, uncontrollable). 

Any possible reason for this? I have done something wrong?:o

Thanks a lot!

ps. So far I have not made any successful and complete flight.. :unsure:  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update on 2018-11-1

I finally figure out what was going on. I think it was xEnviro's setting. For the past 2 days, my aircraft became so stable because I didn't get the weather engine data from their server due to some issue. Yesterday, I mailed to their support team and they updated my ID-issue then I can get the weather data(so there are clouds now). Since then, the swing issue happened again.

Then I go to the xEnviro setting and adjust the Max turbulence% to less then 10 even 0, things got much better now.

Just providing some info. for those who want to have xEnviro activated but don't want the too sensitive turbulence effect on this TBM 900. 

Edited by divinglyc

8 hours ago, J@nek said:

Never had that issue. AP TRIM on? Yaw damper on? Dit you load standard Cessna before loading the TBM? Maintanace hangar, maybe a system problem. Engine always stays in the green? In flight, check for icing condition maybe switch anti ice on.

Regards J@nek

Thanks! AP/Trim on, YD on, even AP on, Maintenance OK. 

But I didn't load Cessna before loading the TBM. Is it necessary?

Thanks again!

Sounds to me like a weather plugin issue instead.  I've put 4 hours in this plane since initial installation and have no control issues whatsoever.   Maybe the augmentation for the speed control surface tension might still be a bit strong in 1.08, but the only reason I have engaged the A/P is for a bladder relief pause.  The rest has been hand flown.

I love the TBM but I must agree with the OP the aircraft isn't very stable.

Unlike the OP my problem is primarily on takeoff and landing. No matter how much rudder and rudder trim I use the aircraft just wants to careen off the side of the runway in the slightest of crosswinds (3 - 5 knots). BTW this is a clean install of X-Plane 11.25 with the default weather and yes I've read the manual multiple times.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, taildraggin68 said:

Sounds to me like a weather plugin issue instead.  I've put 4 hours in this plane since initial installation and have no control issues whatsoever.   Maybe the augmentation for the speed control surface tension might still be a bit strong in 1.08, but the only reason I have engaged the A/P is for a bladder relief pause.  The rest has been hand flown.

Yes, I was also wondering about the weather engine so I deactivate xEnviro and tested, but it was the same....

Besides, I cannot see rain effect on the windshield with xEnviro activated....

That's weird. I haven't experienced anything like that. Plane has been nice and smooth from day one and has just gotten better (20+ hours in it, including crosswinds).  Have you checked your control calibration in X-Plane and in your OS? I had a problem before on another plane, but it was controller based ie. one of my rudder pedals had a constant partial braking going on, recalibrated and was all good.  Also have you tried removing plugins to make sure you don't have a conflict somewhere?  May also want to include a copy of your log since the devs may ask for it.  Just a few thoughts.

4 hours ago, Goran_M said:

If the aircraft is going crazy on landing, make sure your yaw damper is OFF.  

It 's Off.. and it doesn't only happen in taking off, landing, also occurred during cruise... I can hardly level fly....

I have made a short clip showing this.. In this video, the wind is "0", AP/Trim On. AP/YD on, however, as you can see in this video, it was swinging right and left.

Sometimes, it's even much worse...

vOPJWqn.mp4

Edited by divinglyc

41 minutes ago, divinglyc said:

It 's Off.. and it doesn't only happen in taking off, landing, also occurred during cruise... I can hardly level fly....

I have made a short clip showing this.. In this video, the wind is "0", AP/Trim On. AP/YD on, however, as you can see in this video, it was swinging right and left.

Sometimes, it's even much worse...

vOPJWqn.mp4

I'm no expert here but I'm curious have you tried upping your flight models in the xp11 settings? 

I've seen this behavior before and that fixed it....

1 hour ago, Skyguider said:

Did you try to play a bit with the flight model settings, e.g. higher number?

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

That was my next suggestion.  Try 3 or 4 flight models per frame

Hi! I have tried to set it to 4 or 5... unclick the Simulation of stiffness at high speed, but it's the same..

I have attached another video. It was also under AP/Trim. YD, HDG. As you can see, it was swinging too, not to mention if I hand fly it...

(sorry for the noise at the background of the video. It was my wife watching TV next to me.. :P)

Is it because of the Payload? It was light, but all of the weight is within the envelope..