ELEC FEATH FAULT and loss of TRQ reading

N602AC

I want to first say that I absolutely LOVE this product and think it's worth every penny.

Anyway, I'm cruising at 30,000ft enroute from Daytona Beach to Pender Nebraska..I was working on a friend's car outside. When I came back in, I was basically over my destination. What is weird was, the TRQ readout on the MFD was a red X, and there was a CAS warning message "ELEC FEATH FAULT". The engine and propeller were behaving completely as normal. I checked the FEATHER circuit breaker, it was not tripped. I pulled it out and reset it, no difference. So I'm like okay whatever, just gotta not use a high power setting. I land at Pender, shut down the plane, check the maintenance manager, nothing. Everything "as new". I turned the battery back on, still red X for the TRQ readout.

I had recently posted about loading up the TBM and getting nothing but red X's on the MFD, with nothing wrong in the maintenance manager. Here is a link to that thread. This was fixed by restarting XPlane.

Also, as I promised with the previous similar issue, I'm attaching the Log.txt. I skimmed the Log and saw something referencing a bad metar XML. While probably unrelated, I have attached that as well for your convenience.

Edit: I am running 11.26. I am considering updating to 11.30 beta. Should I? Should I wait?

Edit 2: I found this in the log:

2018-10-27 16:55:31 TBM900[fail.c:931]: Component reduction gearbox has failed due to excessive wear (worn: 0.733499%, slope 1.0, rate: 0.000%/s). You can prevent this by observing performance limitations and servicing the aircraft regularly in the maintenance hangar.
2018-10-27 16:55:31 TBM900[fail.c:934]: Failure impact: sim/operation/failures/rel_TRQind0

It should be noted that the reduction gearbox had certainly not failed. I was still at 200 knots indicated when I came back in the room. Also at 30,000 feet my torque never got above 91 percent to have even caused the gearbox to fail in the first place. And it certainly wasn't worn, it was and still is "as new".

Edit 3: Just FYI, restarting Xplane, the issue was gone, as with my previous similar issue.

Here are 2 pictures of today's issue.

89a78c868ca3b25b38e049afebbe3419.jpg

f4a7102f5d1bbbcfba4238d259e27709.jpg

Log.txt

metar.xml

Edited by N602AC

Possibly the wear due to excess components of the aircraft is not working well in the maintenance tab of the aircraft. That said, you are taking the aircraft to its ITT 821º and NG 102% limits at 30000FT.

PERFORMANCE: manual section 5 engine operation :  FL= 260  OAT = -22ºC

The following conditions are given :
- BLEED AUTO.
The torque must be set at or below the value corresponding to the local conditions of flight level and temperature.
NOTE
Inertial separator must be OFF and ”BLEED HI” MSG OFF.
Example : for FL = 260 and OAT = - 22°C, the following tables give the maximum torque to be set.
Maximum climb power :
TRQ = 83 % for IAS = 124 KIAS (Add 0.5 % of TRQ for each additional 10 KIAS on climb airspeed) (cf. tables Figures 5.8.1 and 5.8.1A)
Maximum cruise power :
TRQ = 97 % (cf. tables Figures 5.8.3 and 5.8.3A)
Recommended cruise power :
TRQ = 92 % (cf. tables Figures 5.8.4 and 5.8.4A)
CAUTION
THE TRQ SETTING MUST NEVER EXCEED 100 %. WHEN SETTING TRQ, NG MUST NEVER EXCEED 104 %
REMARK : The engine ITT limit at 840°C during continuous operation may be used in case of operational need.

Edited by Xpillo

22 hours ago, N602AC said:

Hey. Thanks for the help! It's not like I spent 65 dollars on this or anything.

They did, after all, say they needed a bit of time off after a week of intense bug killing on a project that everyone else spent $65 on as well. 

Evidently you didn't think they were entitled to that.  

Edited by sqrt(-1)
typo
  • Like 1