Fuel nozzle fail

mcritzman

Thank you for a great product and customer service!

From my log.txt:

2018-10-27 10:43:11 TBM900[fail.c:931]: Component fuel nozzles has failed due to excessive wear (worn: 0.006632%, slope 0.5, rate: 0.000%/s). You can prevent this by observing performance limitations and servicing the aircraft regularly in the maintenance hangar.
2018-10-27 10:43:11 TBM900[fail.c:934]: Failure impact: tbm900/failures/fuel/noz_clog_full

I turned off the INERT SEP with 75% torque at around 6000 ft. and I overtorqued the engine at 102% for less than 5 seconds, but kept it at between 89 and 96% through FL 240 when my engine quit at FL 240. ITT and Ng were in the green. Was the fuel nozzle failure due to my overtorque or a bug?

Log 10.27.18 engine quit.txt

This same thing happened to me just now while I was doing a short 80NM flight. Never overtorqued the engine.

2018-10-31 23:00:53 TBM900[fail.c:931]: Component fuel nozzles has failed due to excessive wear (worn: 0.282943%, slope 1.0, rate: 0.000%/s). You can prevent this by observing performance limitations and servicing the aircraft regularly in the maintenance hangar.
2018-10-31 23:00:53 TBM900[fail.c:934]: Failure impact: tbm900/failures/fuel/noz_clog_part

Lost the engine at 11,000ft, had to deadstick to the nearest field 8nm away. It would restart in flight and on the ground, but it wouldn't run properly, and would shut down upon adding power. (Acting as if it had clogged fuel nozzles, I'd imagine) Maintenance manager showed fuel nozzles were "as new". I damaged my turbine discs from my inflight restart attempt, on an airframe I have more than 50 hours in at this point.

Considering I spent 65 dollars of my hard earned money on this, I'd like to see this get fixed. I'm definitely starting to get pissed off at this point. Failures are happening, on components showing less than 1 percent total wear, and then they don't show up in the maintenance manager, and remain failed until the sim is restarted. Seriously, this should be the biggest concern as far as fixing bugs as of right now. I had one opportunity to do a short flight tonight, and it got ruined.

Here's some links to threads for other similar issues I've had.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/14989-elec-feath-fault-and-loss-of-trq-reading/

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/14889-feedback-something-that-happened-to-me-once/

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/15021-solved-state-between-flights/?do=findComment&comment=133087

I look forward to hearing back.

Edited by N602AC