Confirmed] Issues in XP 11.30b1 and XP 11.26r2

EDDTlex

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to thank the team for it's affort to create such a detailed representation of the 737C :) It is really quite haunting.

While checking out XP 11.30b1, I noticed some minor issues in the IXEG v1.21:

- map light doesn't shed light anymore

- "BACKGROUND" gas-discharge-tube light below the glareshield-panel doesn't shed light. The flickering texture works, though

- oil pressure indicator "jumps" from 0 to red line minimum (~13 psi) at engine start, after N2 surpasses ~22%.

Also, I found an issue in XP 11.26r2 as well as in XP 11.30b1:

- radar representation: I set some thunderstorms with XP's default weather engine, switched on the radar while sitting on ground with a quite narrow range selected (20 nm on the ND). After I tilted the radar beam some degrees up (+1..+3 deg), a couple of cells appeared on the ND as expected. After switched the range to 160 or 320 nm, the upper half of the radar screen (beyond 80 nm or so) didn't update and the old narrow-range representation of the echos remained there. I think this might have to do with the weather generated only within a limited distance from the current aircraft position?

- sound slider issue ( I think this might be known?)

Only in XP 11.26r2, didn't checked that in XP 11.30b1:

- cross bleed engine start only possible with like ~90% N1 on one engine providing bleed air pressure on MSL and ISA conditions. 40 psi bleed air pressure is available at ~85% N1 and drops down to 20ish psi with the start valve open on the engine to start. I'm only able to spin the dead engine up to ~22% N2 with a thrust setting of 85% N1 and have to increase a bit further to get it start. Packs and anti ice where set to off.

I can't comment on the flight behavior in XP 11.30b1, at least nothing catched my attention on a very quick and dirty flight testing using the map slew mode.

Best regards,

Alex

Edited by Morten

Hi Alex,

I will double-check your reports - I only briefly tested the IXEG in 11.30 (and caught a quite severe bug with the stabilizer trim not working) but didn´t have time to do a real "thorough" testing because I am flying too much in real-life.

Sound slider issue is known (it sets the sound of X-Plane as well)... weather radar has always been a bit of a hack, to tell you the truth, and I am surprised that it still works like it does after all these years and X-Plane changes. We will have to see if we can really modernize it sometime.

Crossbleed used to work, so that is a surprise - the lights are possibly due to some shader/lighting changes in 11.30 and the oil pressure could be due to Austin changing the engine modeling.

On a positive note - I think the "flare" behaviour has been improved (even with the default flight model) - no need to pull back so much anymore to keep the nose from dropping.

I will take a look, viele Grüße, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 2

Verified and fixed the "low bleed pressure problem" - I think somewhere in the 11.25ish run Austin changed the engine modeling to output less bleed pressure. I did not notice, and since the engine puts out "more than enough" pressure in most phases of the flight, this went unnoticed - until now, thanks Alex!

I can now achieve 25% N1 on the receiving engine with the providing engine running at 35% N1 (Sea level, ISA)

Cheers, Jan

• Morten featured this topic