Elevator Down Trim values

Aedui

5 hours ago, Aedui said:

I've noticed on final approach that the elevator down trim indicator is all the way forward (down) every time. No idea if this is normal or not, but it seems a little strange to have to use the full range of down trim travel?  

Has anyone else seen this?  

Yeah same, but i think that when on final approach, better reduce speed to Vapp ( 85-90 Mph depending on weight) by doing so, you wont be all the way nose down

Exactly, you're probably way too fast. I wait until I'm stabilized on the GS and about 3nm out of the airport, ias < 127, my TQ is ~20-25 at that point, select landing flaps, use the yoke to keep the GS, let the ias bleed off and stabilize at ~90 kts, trim it as neccesary, TQ at ~13-17 at this point, then let it bleed off to a touchdown speed of about 80-85, then throttle back, engage reverse and bob's your uncle B)

I just did 10 touch and gos around my airport and it works well, you just can't go too fast. Anything above 100 kts is way too fast.

PS: For people having issues with takeoff it is absolutely neccessary to use correct rudder trim for your weight. Also I found out that on the takeoff roll if I start veering out of the centerline I use the rudder trim to correct that. Pedals are usually counterproductive, at least with my Saitek :lol:

Edited by lanmancz
typos
  • Upvote 1