Saab 340A Release Info

Cameron

Look at it from a different perspective, Perry :) All the time without Saab, can be spent to other things, like riding a bike, talking to people, enjoying the sun. Because when the Saab is ready, the roles will change - developers will see the sun again and the pilots will lock themselves in their basements, studying the manual, learning to fly and - in the end - flying :D And you know, Saab will be finished eventually, but for pilots - there will be always "just one more short flight"  ;D A neverending effort!

So, enjoy the sunshine, while you still can :P

If it weren't for an injury and lack of time, I would be on the mountain bike trail flying down a forty foot dip! ;)

...these guys are waiting on me at this point, need to resolve some bugs that popped up during port of some code to Windows.

Having just been through the Easter holiday I've been working -a lot-, sometimes left quite drained, other days I can't sleep when I get home.

In any case, Gizmo doesn't come close to making me a living, so real job gets total priority.

We're down to final few days now.

Work will probably quieten down for a little, and I'm getting more used to the workload, which leaves more energy at the end of the day.

All things on converging path. Thanks everyone for the patience.

Interesting video.

I noticed the pilots don't flare (or is the VSI just too slow?)... is this standard procedure?

Standard procedure is to flare the aircraft by pitching up 5-6° from approach attitude when the landing gear is a few feet above the ground.  When initiating the flare, gently reduce power to FLIGHT IDLE.  Immediately after touchdown, reduce the power levers to GROUND IDLE.  Two annunciators on the Flight Status panel will come on when you are in Ground Idle.

Rest assured, this is all in the documentation I'm providing in the "Charts and Procedures" section. 

No previews yet, though.  I'm doing a 4th revision which involves adding a description of something I added last week.

But the above is standard procedure. 

...these guys are waiting on me at this point, need to resolve some bugs that popped up during port of some code to Windows.

Having just been through the Easter holiday I've been working -a lot-, sometimes left quite drained, other days I can't sleep when I get home.

In any case, Gizmo doesn't come close to making me a living, so real job gets total priority.

We're down to final few days now.

Work will probably quieten down for a little, and I'm getting more used to the workload, which leaves more energy at the end of the day.

All things on converging path. Thanks everyone for the patience.

That's great news Ben. I can't wait! ;D Maybe as X-Plane moves forward, more devs will use Gizmo. That should bring in the some more bucks. :)

Why do the pixels for wpts and the needles spill into the black part surrounding the CRT?  Slight oversight or am I looking at it wrong?

It's still a WIP.  This is all a part of cleaning up the stuff that needs to be cleaned up.  Just about everything works but we need to make sure it LOOKS right as well as working right.

Me thinks someone is being too picky.

We honestly don't mind the comments.  On the rare occasion, it can get a little too far.  But this example was something we intended to fix anyway.  I was in the mood to get it out of the way anyway so, seeing as Theo is in charge of displays and avionics, I got him to take care of it.  3 minutes later...

grab104.jpg

Just keep in mind, if something looks wrong, there is a very high possibility that we know about it and intend on fixing it.  The easier it is to fix, the later we plan on fixing it.

Excellent. That should mean only the easy stuff is left!  :)

The easy stuff is when I get down to 3 cups of coffee a day.

I'm nearly there.  I'm at 5. (Theo stressing me out daily counts as 1 coffee)  :P  ;)

Great Goran,

thanks for the screenshots of the EFIS display!

I'm even more excited now... :)

You're welcome, Perry.

Why do the pixels for wpts and the needles spill into the black part surrounding the CRT?  Slight oversight or am I looking at it wrong?

Me thinks someone is being too picky.

Well for all the effort they've put into it, why WOULDN'T I point out a small problem like that?  This sim is all about realism, right?  So a small question to see if I was looking at it right didn't seem out of the question.

@ Goran - The new look seems amazing, I can't WAIT for this to ship!