Saab 340A Release Info

Cameron

Unusually quiet now this forum. Let's hope it's just Easter.

Quiet here means the work is going on elsewhere; on things other than posts to keep you updated every second of the day...  ;)

Who died and made you God!  Take a chill pill and climb down of that high chair man.

Unusually quiet now this forum. Let's hope it's just Easter.

Quiet here means the work is going on elsewhere; on things other than posts to keep you updated every second of the day...  ;)

Yeah, its quiet here because he's been busy at IKEA, apparently selling folding tables.

goran_ikea.png

Let's not get hostile, gentlemen.

I have been going over the 3rd revision of the documentation to make sure everything is formatted properly and the info is sufficient. 

The actual aircraft is still being worked on.  Took it for a few tests over the last few days, and so far, some figures are damn close with others being spot on accurate.

There are a few more things to do with a couple of systems and on-screen annunciators with the autopilot modes.

As soon as the manuals are finalized, I'll put them up.  Believe me, there is quite a bit to study.

:)

Let's not get hostile, gentlemen.

I have been going over the 3rd revision of the documentation to make sure everything is formatted properly and the info is sufficient. 

The actual aircraft is still being worked on.  Took it for a few tests over the last few days, and so far, some figures are damn close with others being spot on accurate.

There are a few more things to do with a couple of systems and on-screen annunciators with the autopilot modes.

As soon as the manuals are finalized, I'll put them up.  Believe me, there is quite a bit to study.

:)

This project is never-ending! ;) I'm glad to hear news about it. Here's my problem: how on earth am I gonna learn the CRJ and the SAAB? They are both extremely detailed models.

Anyway, I hope to be in the skies with her soon! ;)

This project is never-ending! :)

Tell me about it!?  Even my daughter is asking "When are you going to finish your Saab?".  And she's 5.

I'm glad to hear news about it. Here's my problem: how on earth am I gonna learn the CRJ and the SAAB? They are both extremely detailed models.

I'll be providing 2 tutorials on how to fly it.  One will be a quick flight without going through the whole start up procedure and the other one will be a full tutorial from start up to shut down with a bunch of navigation stuff in between.  It'll make it easier to get through everything.

(God help me, I'm proof reading my posts before submitting them!?  I need a vacation.)  :-\

This project is never-ending! :)

Tell me about it!?  Even my daughter is asking "When are you going to finish your Saab?".  And she's 5.

I'm glad to hear news about it. Here's my problem: how on earth am I gonna learn the CRJ and the SAAB? They are both extremely detailed models.

I'll be providing 2 tutorials on how to fly it.  One will be a quick flight without going through the whole start up procedure and the other one will be a full tutorial from start up to shut down with a bunch of navigation stuff in between.  It'll make it easier to get through everything.

(God help me, I'm proof reading my posts before submitting them!?  I need a vacation.)  :-\

Maybe your daughter will become a developer just like her dad. ;D ;)

Even though we are making jokes about the delays with this aircraft Im sure we also must thank Leading Edge for their immense work on this aircraft and bringing such a high detailed aircraft to X-Plane :)

I agree 100%. I've learned over time that in order to get the best quality aircraft, you have to go through hell waiting for them. Despite my jokes, I really do appreciate the work that Leading Edge puts into their products.

Theo isn't around today, but I'm sure I speak for him when I say thank you for your appreciation.  As Theo's cartoon depicts, we really do stay cooped up for months.  Although the documentation has kept me from sounding like a caveman and I still use the toilet on a regular basis.  The facial hair is there, though.

I DO check the forums on a regular basis.  The comments make me smile in an otherwise stressful environment (typing manuals and fixing them 4 times over while having a very rambunctious 5 year old call out "Daddy" every 10-15 minutes).

The Saab would be nowhere near what it is now were it not for Cameron and Ben.  Gizmo has been the best decision I have ever made.  I was very hesitant at first but I trust Cameron and Ben more than enough to have faith in what Gizmo can do.  So far, it has far exceeded my expectations.  The things I have seen being done with it absolutely astounds me.  I don't think people truly understand how powerful it really is.  That's why I would like to extend YOUR thanks to Cameron and Ben. 

I know I keep saying the Saab will be finished "soon" and it kills me when that "soon" appears never-ending.  The last few days have been filled with constant testing and documentation revision. 

All I can tell you is we are working very long hours to make sure everything is done properly.  And yes, it will be "soon".

The bright side to all this waiting?  We can use the src code of the Saab coding for all our future products (making small adjustments and additions to the code to fit the aircraft) so everything will take a LOT less time.  And we have some juicy aircraft waiting to be finished, including the 747's and the Hawker 4000.

Theo isn't around today, but I'm sure I speak for him when I say thank you for your appreciation.  As Theo's cartoon depicts, we really do stay cooped up for months.  Although the documentation has kept me from sounding like a caveman and I still use the toilet on a regular basis.  The facial hair is there, though.

I DO check the forums on a regular basis.  The comments make me smile in an otherwise stressful environment (typing manuals and fixing them 4 times over while having a very rambunctious 5 year old call out "Daddy" every 10-15 minutes).

The Saab would be nowhere near what it is now were it not for Cameron and Ben.  Gizmo has been the best decision I have ever made.  I was very hesitant at first but I trust Cameron and Ben more than enough to have faith in what Gizmo can do.  So far, it has far exceeded my expectations.  The things I have seen being done with it absolutely astounds me.  I don't think people truly understand how powerful it really is.  That's why I would like to extend YOUR thanks to Cameron and Ben. 

I know I keep saying the Saab will be finished "soon" and it kills me when that "soon" appears never-ending.  The last few days have been filled with constant testing and documentation revision. 

All I can tell you is we are working very long hours to make sure everything is done properly.  And yes, it will be "soon".

The bright side to all this waiting?  We can use the src code of the Saab coding for all our future products (making small adjustments and additions to the code to fit the aircraft) so everything will take a LOT less time.  And we have some juicy aircraft waiting to be finished, including the 747's and the Hawker 4000.

Hey, you work your butt off. Although delays are very frustrating, can we really ask more of you? Over here, products get delayed quite a bit, and that's the only thing that is frustrating me as a customer (and is probably worse for the developer). At the same time, the products over here are the best for X-Plane in my opinion, so I think it's an even trade-off. :)

Look at it from a different perspective, Perry :) All the time without Saab, can be spent to other things, like riding a bike, talking to people, enjoying the sun. Because when the Saab is ready, the roles will change - developers will see the sun again and the pilots will lock themselves in their basements, studying the manual, learning to fly and - in the end - flying :o And you know, Saab will be finished eventually, but for pilots - there will be always "just one more short flight"  ;D A neverending effort!

So, enjoy the sunshine, while you still can :P