Question about the G1000 map mode

lanmancz

Hello,

as you probably know it is possible to use the little range joystick to look around the map. I've noticed though that when you have the map in TRACK UP mode the joystick still moves the map according to the NSEW directions so when you're flying east your buttons are rotated and up button becomes left, left button becomes down etc, you know what I mean? Seems quite odd and confusing to me, especially when you fly at some random heading it scrolls the map in unintuitive directions. It that how it's supposed to work please ?

edit: Also one little thing I noticed when messing around with the map is that when you open the flight plan it noticibly squashes the vertical direction - observe the range circle to see what I mean :

TBM900_map1.thumb.jpg.2d62af425cffc0b5db3c54d85bc3b4ab.jpgTBM900_map2.thumb.jpg.9adb6a6721a9f764ba697e475ce6add2.jpg

Also when you move the map around with the joystick things start to fall out of alignment - like your aircraft is no longer displayed on the nav path.

PS: These are not complaints, just observations :) Obviously none of these are big problems and I understand you guys now have bigger fish to fry :) I'm just messing with the aircraft. :lol:

Edited by lanmancz

Hello,

I have one more question please about the map mode - what is that striped circle please ?

TBM900_178.thumb.jpg.f0e4357db0341ddc8da8b9f2bd1a295c.jpgTBM900_180.thumb.jpg.f7032e96bfcc5aee845380006104590b.jpgTBM900_183.thumb.jpg.b89fe541b4cd70061d9b382e4403cfa7.jpgTBM900_185.thumb.jpg.a7053a00ee15fb41dd3058f7b8e0421b.jpgTBM900_188.thumb.jpg.45e7d8c9212c5c3ce0fc37788852e26a.jpg

It grows and shrinks from random places and does weird things like that. :lol: I don't uderstand what it represents. What is it please ? :)

Edited by lanmancz
typos

I can only answer your last question; from the G1000 Manual: 

"The map can display a fuel range ring which shows the remaining flight distance. A dashed green circle
indicates the selected range to reserve fuel. A solid green circle indicates the total endurance range. If only
reserve fuel remains, the range is indicated by a solid yellow circle".

Why it's not centered around the aircraft (as it should be):

On 10/25/2018 at 2:02 PM, skiselkov said:

For your problem regarding the rings not being centered on the aircraft, that's a stock G1000 bug that we have no way to fix. Recommend you file that one with Laminar. Best reproduce it on one of their planes (e.g. stock C172 /w G1000), so they can't claim it's something we broke.

• Like 1

Thanks. It's strange though. At the time I had almost 2h of fuel still. Something LR has to fix I guess. Or I don't uderstand the logic behind it. If what you say is correct then the circle should be 400+nm, not 20 and shrinking. Odd. Or do you have to set the reserve somewhere? I haven't noticed any such menu. I guess it would make sense if the reserve was by default something like 120 gal. But thanks anyway. I will look it up in the manual and perhaps then it will be clear. At least now I know what it's supposed to be :)

Edited by lanmancz
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...