VNAV G1000 do not working for me.

SirJohn62

Hello everybody,

is there anyone among you who has used the VNAV before? I have tried it several times, but descent does not start, although everything is displayed correctly. I took some screenshots.

What am I doing wrong? Did I forget to press any key?

I love this plane, it's absolutely fantastic.

Greetings SirJohn62

TBM900_2.jpg

TBM900_3.jpg

TBM900_4.jpg

Hello, perhaps this could help you (Garmin manual) :

Prior to descent path interception, the Selected Altitude must be set below the current aircraft altitude by at least 75 feet. For the flight director to transition from Altitude Hold to Vertical Path Tracking Mode, acknowledgment is required within five minutes of descent path interception by:
• Pressing the VNV Key
• Adjusting the Selected Altitude

If you have set your new altitude more than 5 minutes before the TOD, nothing occurs. You have to turn the ALT button a bit to initiate your descent.

• Like 2

Hi SirJohn62,

I've also had issues with VNAV.  However, after watching the supplied youtube tutorial and some others I've found the VNAV works perfectly.  Almost identical to the real thing - close enough for government work for sure...LOL!  It is a bit more of a hassle to work in the sim than in real life (as is the simple 430 - I have extensive RW experience with this one) but you just have to configure "shortcuts" and views that work for you.  The TBM900 is a hands on thing to fly - and here I thought turboprop aircraft engine management was just a set it and forget it thing...NOT!!!  

hi guys,

after some reading and some videos I have the VNAV on the route get to run. But you have to stay within 5 minutes before the ToD to automatically descend. If the time is longer, turning the Altitude select button or pressing the VNav button again does not help to initiate descent in my case. Unfortunately, I have no experience with a real G1000 and I can not say whether it is up to me or if it is a bug in the simulation. However, in all cases, it does not match the documentation.

I also tried to use VNAV after activating the approach. This results are completely incomprehensible results for me. I have to test that even further.

Greeting SirJohn62

On approach, you have to press the APP button, not VNV. You have to be strictly at the altitude required at the IAF. In APP mode too, no need to set a new altitude (you may then set the MA altitude).

There is one useful feature that is missing in the Laminar Garmin 1000 : in the real thing, if Vnav mode must be activated once again, the annunciation VPATH flashes in white on the PFD as a reminder.