Confirmed[ FMC Buttons fail and are then no-longer pres-sable.

sabreman

So I've stumbled into a strange issue. I'm currently running the latest AIRAC data from navigrap, 1811. When I'm loading the FMC I load the departure airport and arrival airport, then I went to try and load a SID. The FMC said there where no sid available for KCRP (Which is correct) but being suborn and stupid i still clicked that button. This switched the FMC over to a mostly blank screen, popped up the gizmo log with an error, and rendered that first softkey permanently unusable on that FMC. The co-pilots buttons worked fine though. Attached is my gizmo log with the errors. 

GizmoLog - Copy.txt

Edited by Morten

Hi Sabreman,

sounds like you found a genuine bug there and I will add this to the tracker - you are right, as soon as you get the gizmo log with the error the "game is over" - the simulation MAY still run after that, but everything may or may not work any longer. The only way to safely continue the flight is to "reboot" gizmo (little arrow symbol), then quickly set up the plane again (you can do this mid-flight with a little practice).

Cheers, Jan

• Morten featured this topic