ITT off

planeman95

I'll start off by saying this is an amazing product and thank you to the developers for taking the time to make this. Also, I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet and I apologize if this has or is a known project to work on. 

I sometimes get to fly a TBM 910 and what immediately caught my attention is the ITT is off in respect to the TRQ setting. In real life I can cruise at 97% TRQ and not have any over heating issues when at altitude. I'll usually see ITT around 750-810 at atltitude with TRQ set to 97%. It's also easier to over torque the engine than over heat it in the real aircraft. This is keeping users from getting the full performance from the aircraft. 

First pic is from the sim at 21000. I am about to overheat with TRQ at 80%. Second pic is from the real aircraft to show what I'm taking about. I believe it was taken at FL260. 

If further clarification is needed I can do my best. 

Thanks.

TBM900_6.png

44783442_162350564717767_7986076634157416448_n.jpg

Edited by planeman95
Word

First of all, are the differences between the two aircraft enough to cause that? i.e. different engines / cowls? That I don't know.  But what I DO think about is altitude and temperature difference In the sim, I'm seeing 22 degrees and ISA +5......AND you still have your inertial separator ON reducing your overall torque and decreasing airflow to the engine because of they bypass.....

Try adjusting that and then get back to us..

Then you can turn off the rest of your cas messages

-Sacha

Edited by Aleksandar
word
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

strange because in the 900 manual, it said that the NG should not go over 100.3% and on the 910 screen, you are over 100.6%. Strange becaseu from what've undertood, it's the same engine

Where does it say 100.3%? The NG limit is 104.1% 
It does say in the manual that during climb, recommended NG is below 103% however. 

Edited by BjornMa
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Aleksandar said:

First of all, are the differences between the two aircraft enough to cause that? i.e. different engines / cowls? That I don't know.  But what I DO think about is altitude and temperature difference In the sim, I'm seeing 22 degrees and ISA +5......AND you still have your inertial separator ON reducing your overall torque and decreasing airflow to the engine because of they bypass.....

Try adjusting that and then get back to us..

Then you can turn off the rest of your cas messages

-Sacha

The 900 and 910 are the same except for a few interior changes.