[SOLVED] CWS button

danhenri

The XP command doesn't seem to work as it should for me : when you push and maintien this command, the autopilot should keep the new roll or pitch attitude. It is not the case. May you give me more precision about the way you are using this (useful) command ?

Thanks for answering.

Ps : it's the same when I try to map a button for the TOGA command. The TOGA thrust does not engage.

Edited by danhenri

29 minutes ago, danhenri said:

The XP command doesn't seem to work as it should for me : when you push and maintien this command, the autopilot should keep the new roll or pitch attitude.

The G1000 CWS does not work like the one on the 737. Right from the G1000 Integrated Flight Deck Pilot’s Guide:

FAFBD787-03A6-4AC4-9598-EBB5698B1F0D.thumb.jpeg.52aac1aff2849a5175a416e654d063d2.jpeg

So the behavior you described is well expected.

29 minutes ago, danhenri said:

it's the same when I try to map a button for the TOGA command. The TOGA thrust does not engage.

The TBM-900 is not equipped with an auto-throttle, so it won't engage TOGA thrust for you.

Edited by 2Fat2Fly

22 minutes ago, danhenri said:

May you give me more precision about the way you are using this (useful) command ?

I personally use CWS in this way:

Clear the autopilot of any mode (ALT, HDG, etc.) so that the autopilot will be engaged in ROL and PIT mode. It will keep the roll and pitch angle upon engaging.

Next, press on the CWS button and manually control the aircraft to the desired pitch and roll. Now release the button and the autopilot will maintain the new assigned pitch and roll angle.

It seems that the CWS can be used to temporary override other modes such as HDG, V/S, but I haven't give them a try yet.

Just now, danhenri said:

When I press the CWS button, the FD does not synchronize and no CWS annunciation appears on the PFD...

Well that's unexpected.. Try clicking the CWS button on the yoke with your mouse and see whether the bahavior is the same with using the command.

Remember you need autopilot to be engaged before CWS can be engaged.

5 minutes ago, danhenri said:

For TOGA command, there is a post here where it is said that this option would be available...

I believe that option is for flight director references during take-offs and go-arounds, and specifically, for go-arounds with autopilot engaged so it can fly the go-around for you. See the pic below:

3A5F340C-F822-4948-91D2-CF1164861898.thumb.jpeg.ed1374b0a01718728c2f2f4856cfef1d.jpeg

Even with autopilot engaged, you will still need to advance the throttle manually since there is no auto-throttle available.