Runway on SVT

jeff64

Hello

I find the runway depiction on the SVT very unrealistic. I got this feeling by looking at the videos pre-release, but this is confirmed by flying the simulator.

What I mean is :

- the runway is depicted very very small, almost indistinguishable at more than 1 or 2nm from the runway (IRL, you can  easily spot the runway on the PFD to align your FPV as far as 5 or 6 nm , even more).

- when sitting on the runway, the runway is depicted very narrowly, giving the impression you are still in flight. During flare, if you look at the runway, you have the impression you are still very very high.

Look at this part of this video for a short comparison : on the real aircraft, the runway edges join the border of the screens at the middle height point of the screen. You really have this sensation the aicraft IS on the ground just by looking at the SVT.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

little up on my problem, cause I may have found it is not the case for all users.

The first picture is how it looks on my computer, ON THE GROUND.

The aircraft looks like to be "in the air".

111.PNG.5f3164e9e8669f6610ba4848cabc200f.PNG

Below is how it looks from the youtube video released by "jason"  You can clearly see the runway edges are about midheight of the screen, and the aircraft looks like "on the ground"

222.PNG.b32dff68972e48273479368e005e61d1.PNG

any idea ?