[SOLVED] Cut off on final

haeriphos

I just completed my first landing and lost all power over the numbers on final approach. I was able to glide it in, but once I was on the ground I noticed that my throttle was in cutoff. I use a HOTAS for throttle control and have no idea how I could have manipulated the throttle over to the idle/feather side. In the past I've only used the mouse to drag it left and right between flight idle and high idle. Any thoughts on how I may have inadvertently moved the throttle? I had one hand on the HOTAS throttle and one hand on the HOTAS stick when the power cut out. Thanks!

Edited by skiselkov

4 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

You are flying with SEP switch on. You supposed to turn in off after take off. I had the same thing happened to me. It has nothing to do with activation

Interesting! Where is the SEP switch?

Also, the aircraft does pop up saying "Aircraft Unactivated" on the primary flight display!

Edit: Are you on about the Inert Sep switch?

The guide says its supposed to be on for landing and takeoff

Inertial separator switch. The inertial separator is a mechanical device that reorients
air ow in the engine intake, such that objects with more inertia than pure air (e.g. ice
particles and FOD) are not able to enter the engine easily. Use of the inertial separator
is recommended during all phases of ground operations (taxi, takeoff and landing), as
well when flying close to the ground where bird strikes can occur (usually at below
approximately 5,000 ft AGL) and in all cases of severe precipitation or when icing is
suspected or encountered.

Edited by Yetteh

5 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

You are flying with SEP switch on. You supposed to turn in off after take off. I had the same thing happened to me. It has nothing to do with activation

The pilot in the above video was flying with the separator on, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make the plane shut off and the throttle go back to cut off. In my case, I was flying with the separator on because I was on short final. In neither one of these cases should the inertial separator cause any of this to happen. 

If your talking about the inertial separator, that is not true. I was cruising at FL220, and the throttle went to cut-off without me touching anything.

The only thing the Inert. sep. does is keep FOD out of the engine, you could keep it on during the whole flight if you wanted/had to.

2 minutes ago, haeriphos said:

The pilot in the above video was flying with the separator on, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make the plane shut off and the throttle go back to cut off. In my case, I was flying with the separator on because I was on short final. In neither one of these cases should the inertial separator cause any of this to happen. 

I had exactly the same problem several times (like in the video) until I  force myself to read manual and turned off SEP after take off, and now I have no problem flying several hours straight :)

It did shut off 3 consequent my flights. In one instance I was high enough and restarted my engine. I believe it could be happening if there was activation problem .

Whether it correct or not since I turnef SEP off my flights are going smooth without any problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk