TBM 900 v1.0.5 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.0.5 update for the TBM 900. All customers who have purchased the TBM 900 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the TBM 900 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.0.5 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original TBM 900 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Got rid of normal mapping artifact on propeller object
  • Modified VS wheel manipulator avoid backface clicking
  • Removed unused debug-version code for massive speedup in frame rendering
  • Fixed broken async texture transfer to EFIS objects from background threads
  • Optimized tablet rendering to completely disable when not showing tablet
  • Seat mesh optimizations
  • Fixed front steps appearing through pilot door

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Amazing speed on these updates :) thanks X-Aviation :)

Couldn't agree more.

I' ve been running X-plane for more than 20 years and I've never seen anything like the kind of support we are witnessing for the TBM900 . 

Its what 5 / 6 days since release ? In that time CTDs,  frame rates ,  have all been analysed and solutions offered .At all hours of the day and night. 

Amazing. Kudos to all involved.

• Like 1

Thanx for the (very) good work. Purchased the moment it went live on the store, had no issues whatsoever till now. Didn't have a proper flight yet, since I'm doing only VR, so waiting for the manipulators to be adjusted and meanwhile studying the systems. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

OMG!! Best update ever seen on all addons. Previous Update did nothing for me, but this one...

From 30fps to 60fps in 1200p at the same place and I can put on Synthetic vision ( -5/7fps) before it was -15fps with Synth Vis on.

Thanks for resolving issue so fast.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Absolutely amazing update! I'm finally able to fly this beautiful plane at decent framerates. At ORBX Great Britain South (and UK2000 Cardiff) I got somewhere between 45 and 55 FPS in clear weather. Which means I can finally lock it at 30FPS again for butter smooth flying. And which also means this plane went form one of the heaviest planes to one of the best performing planes in my collection. Amazing!

Thanks for supporting this plane in such an amazing way! You definitely set an example for other add-on developers with both the quality of the plane and the great support you're providing. Keep up the good work!

My specs: i7 4790K, 16GB RAM, GTX1070, multiple SSDs + 7TB HDD for ortho

2 hours ago, brivadois said:

Great improvement for fps, but, maybe my fault (beginning withXP), no more elevator trim or aileron trim (with keyboard or joystick) which worked before.

Still works for me, so guess indeed your fault? ;-)

• Like 1

Seamaster , you could try disabling the Terrain Radar utility .

I just had a quick look at the aircraft supported by this utility over at the .org and the TBM , for now , isn't one of them .

Does Airport Navigator display its results on MFD ? If so might be worth a disable trial.

The devs have recommended switching off as many plugins as possible if you run into problems. 

In your case you have quite a few . You can disable one by one .

Or:

My approach would be to rename your Resources file to something like MyResourcesfile

Create a new Resources file in the main Xplane folder.

Run xplane installer and let it create a brand new vanilla Resources folder . 

Reinstall TBM 900

Restart XP

That way you have your working Resources folder preserved and easily reinstalled by renaming it Resources .

I finally got to fly the aircraft with a FPS of 25-28 and was suitably impressed. Had a generator and low volume warning for the time I was able to fly. Unfortunately after about 15 minutes the FPS dropped to 14 internal view and 17 external. I turned off the window and panel reflections an lowered antialiasing settings to FXAA with no effect.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Edited by iandiss
formatting error

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic